Is this pre-done strat scratchplate shielding adequate?

What's Hot
Question for the guitar wiring experts on here - so I'm using this strat scratchplate for a build, and it has that kind of metalized paper shielding already applied. The body routing will be fully shielded with copper foil, and in the past I've also shielded the back of the scratchplate with copper foil (and got good results re preventing noise). But would it be a good idea to copper foil the back of this scratchplate, or will the pre-done shielding work perfectly well? Cheers for any advice! :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    It’s fine!... it’ll do the job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    poopot said:
    It’s fine!... it’ll do the job.
    Cheers @poopot - will save a bit of time and effort then. Reply much appreciated :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72402
    And even better, the pickup wires are properly twisted as well, which is something you very rarely see.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    And even better, the pickup wires are properly twisted as well, which is something you very rarely see.
    Excellent, all good then, cheers @ICBM :)
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491
    As long as that shielding makes good physical contact with something else connected to earth that's fine. Your pots casing will be pressed firmly against it when it's all assembled so the connection will be made there at the very least.
    Hoof said:
    As long as that shielding makes good physical contact with something else connected to earth that's fine. Your pots casing will be pressed firmly against it when it's all assembled so the connection will be made there at the very least.
    Cheers @Hoof ; - tested the shielding with my multimeter, and in fact it doesn't seem to make a good electrical contact at all. It's like there's some thin film over the metal layer, which is odd, but...

So, appreciate the good advice given above, but have decided to be sure of things and do the copper foil after all. Oh well, cheers again folks :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72402
    Megii said:

Cheers @Hoof ; - tested the shielding with my multimeter, and in fact it doesn't seem to make a good electrical contact at all. It's like there's some thin film over the metal layer, which is odd, but...

So, appreciate the good advice given above, but have decided to be sure of things and do the copper foil after all. Oh well, cheers again folks :)
    That's normal with aluminium. It doesn't matter because the shakeproof washers you will fit on the pots will bite into it and make a good contact.

There's no point whatever in adding copper foil over the top, it's just a pure waste of material and effort.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Megii said:

That's normal with aluminium. It doesn't matter because the shakeproof washers you will fit on the pots will bite into it and make a good contact.

There's no point whatever in adding copper foil over the top, it's just a pure waste of material and effort.
    Ah, OK, my bad then - have to admit it seemed a bit strange, cheers again @ICBM :)