SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Kustom Coupe 36 and Mustang III MK2

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5785
edited October 2019 in Amps £
I need to clear out a little, it's starting to look like an amp shop here and I have three that I'm keeping hold of.Which is still two more than I need.

First up is a Kustom Coupe 36 - £180

This is an incredibly versatile machine that covers so much ground. The price is very much Squire but the spec and build quality are much more boutique territory.

It's proper Birch cabinet, steel chassis and valve cage and it's from the Fender side of sounds with 6L6s. You'll no doubt do your own research if needed but the headlines are 

36 Watts from 12ax7s and 6l6s through a 12" Eminence Speaker
Separate Rhythm and Lead channels, Independent Master, Gain and Bright Switch
Effects Loop, footswitch controlled
Boost Via Footswitch, adjustable level
Spring reverb, long tank
Universal three band EQ
Super cool look!

It's a joy to use and even I, who likes things very simple, can dial in the sounds that I like. It's a very dynamic amp and has a huge wide range to the sound. Which is actually why it's here and not in the three keepers, I like a very vintage and raw sound that's not t all HiFi.

It's in good but played condition, the one thing that doesn't work is the power light. Which is a shame as it looks a pretty blue colour but the Rhythm/Lead channel indicators light up, so you do get an indicator.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5785
    edited September 2019
    The other is my amazing little Fender Mustang III v2 - £100

This has been my noodling amp for a couple of years but the arrival of a Helix FX and an Attenuator for my noisy stuff means it can go on and make some space now. It is, without doubt, all the amp you'd ever need. If you want all the sounds you could ever need in one little box, whisper quiet use, plenty enough punch for playing live and an incredibly simple and intuitive computer interface, this is the choice that not only sets you apart from the katana hoards but I really think sounds better too.

The headlines here are

100 Watts, all digital though a neutral Fender Branded 12" speaker
    Far more amp models than you'll use (I have three that I stick too)
    Even more effects models (again, lots are pointless) 
    Fabulous Fuse software
    Two button footswitch
    All functions are accessible from the amp

It's also in good but played condition but there is a dial switch that has broken, see the photo. It still works but the numbers don't turn with the attached bit. Comes with the USB and Footswitch leads

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ‘People talking to me about the Kustom but where is the love for the Mustang’ type bump. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2290
    dazzajl said:
    I need to clear out a little, it's starting to look like an amp shop here and I have three that I'm keeping hold of.Which is still two more than I need.

First up is a Kustom Coupe 36 - £250

This is an incredibly versatile machine that covers so much ground. The price is very much Squire but the spec and build quality are much more boutique territory.

It's proper Birch cabinet, steel chassis and valve cage and it's from the Fender side of sounds with 6L6s. You'll no doubt do your own research if needed but the headlines are 

36 Watts from 12ax7s and 6l6s through a 12" Eminence Speaker
    Separate Rhythm and Lead channels, Independent Master, Gain and Bright Switch
    Effects Loop, footswitch controlled
    Boost Via Footswitch, adjustable level
    Spring reverb, long tank
    Universal three band EQ
    Super cool look!

It's a joy to use and even I, who likes things very simple, can dial in the sounds that I like. It's a very dynamic amp and has a huge wide range to the sound. Which is actually why it's here and not in the three keepers, I like a very vintage and raw sound that's not t all HiFi.

It's in good but played condition, the one thing that doesn't work is the power light. Which is a shame as it looks a pretty blue colour but the Rhythm/Lead channel indicators light up, so you do get an indicator.

Tuck and roll baby!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited September 2019
    dazzajl said:

Really good amps, the second guitarist in my old band had one.  But I think the speaker in the Mustang III v2 is actually a pretty decent Celestion G12T-100
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    Voxman said:
    dazzajl said:

Really good amps, the second guitarist in my old band had one.  But I think the speaker in the Mustang III v2 is actually a pretty decent Celestion G12T-100
    It’s very decent and well suited to its job. Capable of sparkle, thump and grit. 

The whole package has really impressed me 
    Kustom on hold pending a weekend meet-up. 

Open to offers on the Mustang, especially if you come and get it. 

Or just come to see what it sounds like. I suspect if you do, you’d take it home. I was very anti modelling and I did.  
    edited September 2019
    The most delightful @nuno3silva came to look at the Kustom yesterday but it’s still here. 
    He is looking for something with two fabulous channels and the Drive channel is just to ‘drivey’. Putting it through its paces, it’s all very HRD to me. The cleaner channel goes up to a beautiful dirt and grit but the other side is very heavy/grungy. 

So if you fancy some Fender style HRD tones in an amazingly built unit for a frankly ludicrous price, this might delight 
  • It was a real pleasure to meet Darren. Very patient and helpful as we tried to get every possible sound of the amp. I can vouch for the great condition of the amp. It's a beauty. The clean channel impressed me very much, but the drive channel is way to gritty for me. The reverb is also very usable. 
    You might have seen in the amp section that I’m getting a little overrun with these two here as well. 

Obviously there is not a huge amount of cash in these, so I’m not expecting trade offers for your custom shop or boutique guitars. I have no love for pedals either, so along with fabulous cheapies, odds and ends are welcome in (part) trades too. Strings, valves, nut files, talent etc. :)
    Humpty Bumpty had a price fall
    He loved both these amps but he couldn’t keep all
    All kinds of offers from all roads and lanes
    For cash or for toys, he would entertain 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tough Crowd Bump!

I give you bargains, discounts, poetry(??) and take offers but still no love *weeps gently*
    Please don't make be beg, bump
    “Please buy these so I can spend the money on something else on here I don’t need” Bump. 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    That Kustom is an absolute steal at that price, they are incredibly underrated amps, does Fender cleans & Marshall dirties & takes pedals really well.

Have an i already own one bump :)

Glwts!
    LuttiS said:
    That Kustom is an absolute steal at that price, they are incredibly underrated amps, does Fender cleans & Marshall dirties & takes pedals really well.

Have an i already own one bump :)

Glwts!
    I agree. It’s a fabulous beast and a better HRD than a fender. It’s just doesn’t get a look in amongst the tweed deluxe and AC30
  • DanDan Frets: 441
    I’ll take the Kustom 36. PM’d