Strymon Big Sky

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I considered buying either the big sky or the flint, but I am becoming more knob averse (ooh missus) as I get older so just pulled the trigger on a Supernatural. Should do the job, I want it for the shimmery ambient stuff, without too much knob fiddling!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

Did you see all that collectors stuff they had in? Loads of un-played amps. The (like new) mark 1 Boogie must be pretty rare. There were also about 8 untouched PRS guitars including a Santana. They had an original un-played Blade RH2 which was my kind of thing. But at £1899 I think it will be un-played for another 25 years! Hehe!

I did @ElectroDan most of the collectible stuff is way out of my price range, but it's nice to look. I did have a good browse around the big fenders and boogies, nice!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9574
    I've been banging on about the Big Sky for ages now, and at times, I feel like it can 'almost' replace my delay on some songs...

It is, an amazingly inspirational pedal. The 'swell' and 'versatile' (preset) are worth the admission alone.... Here's mine just peaking through...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Jim Kelley Reverb/JimKelley2.jpg

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    I notice the Big Sky has stereo in and out, is one of them a mono in ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2014
    Works in mono using just one set of inputs/output.
    edited May 2014
    /\ this is how I've been using it. I assume it can also generate a stereo signal from the mono input similar to the 'Flint'

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Yes, you can go mono in and stereo out as well.

Spent an hour and a half going through the presets the other night, some nice ones already set up, got to the end of the list and started to wonder where they were, so I must write them down next time.

On first thoughts a pedal for the price of an amp or guitar seems like poor exchange, but it is a fun box of tricks, kind of instant gratification, I need that every now and again. 

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    It is a box of tricks, and the very obvious algorithims are hilarious at times but once I started using it in a band context I got away from that. 

I use a subtle plate a great deal and chuck in OTT spring ones or infinite Bloom and Hall to accent certain parts. I actually found a very faint Shimmer also strangely useful last night jamming last night in our space. 

Just superb.