Chinese Fender Factory burned down?

What's Hot
Was in PMT Bristol today by total flukey chance and was looking into their cheapo "Fender headstock" acoustics. They told me they didn't have any and hadn't had any since about this time last year as the factory had burned down!

The amount of time I spend on guitar forums etc. I feel like I would have heard about that. Anyone know anything?

May well need to turn this into a WTB/WTT thread at some point but for now am just interested to know about the factory fire.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh Christ - wait for the pre-fire guitars on eBay at silly prices!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    Web search brings up nothing except the perennial "guitar plant burns down' story that gets circulated regularly.
    I'm guessing fake news.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6752
    I reckon that PMT in Bristol are taking the piss. Maybe someone makes up a new story every time someone asks for something they don't have.....just to keep themselves entertained. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11354
    Watch out for ash bodies flooding the market.
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    ^ I see what you went and done did there  ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    ... and some roasted maple necks...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:
    I reckon that PMT in Bristol are taking the piss. Maybe someone makes up a new story every time someone asks for something they don't have.....just to keep themselves entertained. 
    They did only have the more expensive one in...
  • scrumhalf said:
    Watch out for ash bodies flooding the market.
    Paired with flame maple necks....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6752
    Careful not to burn your bridges. 
  • An accident with a Firebird?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16166
    If the factory only made those strat neck acoustic guitars then it was probably for the best
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    It's a conspiracy.
    Fender USA themselves torched the factory so we'd have to buy overpriced US made guitars. Mark my words, the next one to go up in a fireball will be the Mexican factory.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72675
    Dominic said:
    If the factory only made those strat neck acoustic guitars then it was probably for the best
    I actually like them, but that’s still funny :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Hendrix did it..
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11472
    merlin said:

I think PMT employees have a habit of making things up, or lying if yoo are calling a spade a spade.  I had one in the London shop tell me that a PRS they had in stock was a limited edition - implying that if I didn't buy then and there it would be gone.  Only problem was that it was a regular model.

I'm sure that there are some good people there and highly doubt that all the employees are like that, but they do seem to tolerate those kinds of dodgy sales tactics.