Tele’ Junior?

What's Hot
BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
edited September 2019 in Making & Modding
Got bored of trying to sell it so decided to do an Esquire mod with plate mounted cable jack and its got a nice hot Creamery Red 79 pickup in there, its my Les Paul Jr inspired Telecaster.

I think i like it.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Very nice Andy!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good use of your non-selling items. :)

I am not keen on the control plate mounted jack socket. My choice would have been for some sort of tone selector switch - probably, PU without tone control, PU with tone control, PU through preset "cocked wah" filtering network.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Glad to see the creamery found a home.  What difference does the esquiring make to its sound do you find it punchier now it is alone?
  • Now that turned out well !
  • munckee said:
    Glad to see the creamery found a home.  What difference does the esquiring make to its sound do you find it punchier now it is alone?
    I’ve not had the chance to really wind it up yet, but it does seem to sound better, especially acoustically. Not sure if it’s in my head or due to the strings having less magnets under them or the empty cavity? Maybe a bit of all 3!
    Now that turned out well !

Thanks Con  :)