Any rough idea on the cost of getting an old SG refinished?

What's Hot
I have absolutely no idea what this would cost, so just trying to get a very rough idea to see if it is worth bothering.

Would need a couple of bridge holes and other ancient trem holes filled and the body/back of the neck changed to a solid colour in nitro to cover all of this. Just a rough ballpark, I know there are some very skilled members on this site, whose work I have admired but I have never known what this kind of thing costs.

Cheers!

Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• speak to the wizard that is @lamf68 ;
    he refinished a guitar for me and the work is top notch 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14430
    tFB Trader
    As a guide line - £300-500 could well be the ball park for  a full refin - That allows for some fade and aged work as well if required - Not sure if you want it to look new or aged, but assume existing hardware and scratchplate etc already show signs of wear

Not sure if it is an original finish or already a refin  - To refin a a vintage guitar that has an original finish, then I'd think twice - As it will seriously devalue what you already have

As you say many good guys on FB can carry out such work and maybe they can chip in but they would need to see the current state of affairs before passing on to much info

When you say old SG any comments on age/model + any pics  ??
  • speak to the wizard that is @lamf68 ;
    he refinished a guitar for me and the work is top notch 
    Took the words out of my mouth Mikey 
  • Thanks Guys. Much appreciated. Original finish but pretty swiss cheese from all the changes over the years - not really in a cool way. No photo's I'm afraid but will sort some out if I go down this road.