Spray guns for painting?

What's Hot
Has anyone on here used paint spray guns?
I need it primarily to paint pine cupboards and I want a really clean finish, using oil based paint.
Mr F is also thinking of using it ....... to re-spray PA cabinets.
Reviews on Amazon....... I find these conflicting
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    I’ve been looking into similar for fairly related uses and Apollo or Fuji HVLP sprayers seem to fit the bill. I haven’t bought one yet though. I’m sure someone who paints guitar bodies will be along soon with much better advice :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    Devilbiss GTi Pro user here (gravity fed). Had it many years and it never goes wrong. Sata are highly rated too but I’ve used Devilbiss for 30 years as they’re so reliable, suction fed as well as gravity fed.
    A second hand one of either would serve you well. Unless you have a couple of hundred quid spare for a new one?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I always used Devilbiss gear when I was a panel beater/spray painter. Dunno what's around these days.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    Sassafras said:
    I always used Devilbiss gear when I was a panel beater/spray painter. Dunno what's around these days.
    Same here, until I had the chance to use a Sata, then I never looked back

it's not a job I do anymore, but sure I've still got a couple of old guns in the shed, must be worth a couple of quid on ebay no?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Thanks for that. I get the feeling you are all a bit above me in skills