SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Fender Strat: 2008 American Standard

What's Hot
martmart Frets: 5205
edited September 2013 in Guitars £
1) Firstly I'm offering for sale my 2008 Am Std Strat in Sienna Sunburst with Maple neck. Asking for £500 + P&P (price updated Sept 8th). 

I bought it new and it's in almost mint condition - there are just one or two tiny scratches which I've tried to capture in the photos here: http://s327.photobucket.com/user/mart206/library/US%20Std%20Strat?sort=3&page=1

It has an ash body, routed HSH, and the neck has a satin feel while the fingerboard is gloss. The weight is about 8lb. Comes with the original Fender-branded SKB case, as in the pictures, with most of the original case candy. The case has some very minor scratches, as you'll see in the photo album, but only cosmetic issues.

Originally it came with a white scratchplate, which I will include in the sale. I switched it for an Axes'r'us black/white/black one, since I much prefer that look. The electrics are all original, but I did briefly swap them out for a Bareknuckle loom (also for sale below), so the soldering is not original. ;)

It's a lovely instrument, but since finding a YOB Strat, this is now surplus to requirements.

2) Secondly I'm also selling a Bareknuckle HSS loom, for £120 + P&P. (Edited as this is now sold)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    Messaged, I'll buy the BK loom
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    The BK loom is now sold to Mr Vibe. :)
    Bump for a price drop on the Strat.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 560
    Any chance on a trade for my SG plus CASH
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

Sorry, but SGs don't really float my boat I'm afraid.
  • pm'd
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I have to ask, what exactly is a YOB strat?  :\">

Nice burst by the way. 
  • I have to ask, what exactly is a YOB strat?  :\">

Nice burst by the way. 
    It's either one played by Dave Hill or one made in the owner's Year Of Birth.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2013
    Yep, GuitarMonkey's got it: in my case YOB stands for "Very Old". ;)
  • Oh god, don't think I could afford a Streethawk YOB 

:-S
  • pm'd again ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    And replied ...
  • and back at ya
    And sold to Mr Buzz. :)