Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Accidental NGD: UK-built guitar content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    I was starting to get frustrated that everyone is seeing things in the burl and I'm getting nothing.

Then I realised it was Converge's "Jane Doe" album cover.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I really like that. Congrats!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnr said:
    I was starting to get frustrated that everyone is seeing things in the burl and I'm getting nothing.

@prlgmnr I confess, I had to Google it. Good spot! Sadly, I made the mistake of pursuing my curiosity and listening  :o I can enjoy the energy but the vocals are way too much for me!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Rorschach special. 
    Lovely.
  • Absolutely stunning. Knowing Haydn's work well, I know it will play and sound as good as it looks. Enjoy !
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5503
    prlgmnr said:

Wow, that's an amazing spot!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    Gorgeous, man! Funnily enough, I too am due to receive a UK-built superstrat with Pegasus and Sentient pickups in the next week or two.
    Tag me in your NGD, if you do one @Darryl_Morris ;

Thanks, @zepp76 - I can definitely see Dio  =)
    Will do @imalrightjack!
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    That is stunning. I'm jealous tbh.
  • Looks beautiful. 
    Im a bit dubious about the 3 bolt neck joint though, prob totally unfounded but just looks unstable. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Looks beautiful. 
    Im a bit dubious about the 3 bolt neck joint though, prob totally unfounded but just looks unstable. 
    @icbm might be the man to comment. But I believe if the neck pocket is sound and it’s fitted correctly, there shouldn’t be a problem. Haydn has been building for a long time and I can’t imagine it’s poorly designed.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • What a stunner...
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18778
    Looks beautiful. 
    Yes, the neck fixing design looks asymmetrical, but what does that matter, it's almost certainly fit for purpose.
    I think this is a one off, really nice looking guitar that 'just works'.
    Well done for finding it @imalrightjack & I hope you are happy together... you lucky bastard  ;)
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
    Looks beautiful. 
    @icbm might be the man to comment. But I believe if the neck pocket is sound and it’s fitted correctly, there shouldn’t be a problem. Haydn has been building for a long time and I can’t imagine it’s poorly designed.
    I might be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure Tom Anderson does a two bolt joint and if two is good enough for him, three should be good enough full stop.
  • Looks beautiful. 
    Yes, the neck fixing design looks asymmetrical, but what does that matter, it's almost certainly fit for purpose.
    I think this is a one off, really nice looking guitar that 'just works'.
    Well done for finding it @imalrightjack & I hope you are happy together... you lucky bastard  ;)
    I’m sure it is. 
    I’m just getting 70’s Strat flashbacks. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • HaydnHaydn Frets: 3
    edited October 2019
    Looks beautiful. 

I've been doing my three bolt neck for about 10 years now. Its very solid and offers great access. The neck and body pocket have a tight fitting slip tenon that prevents sideways movement often typical of a 70's three screw joint. The use of bolts rather than screws helps with rigidity too. I offer a four bolt version too but ive never been asked for it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom