Has anyone bought tools from Crimson Guitars?

What's Hot
I ordered a few bits from Crimson on 19th September.

Nothing yet, no updates. Pretty annoying when I could have bought the same stuff from StewMac with my Stewmax membership and paid less even factoring in import duty. I figured I liked their videos and wanted to support a UK business. They would have also been here by now (based on the fact I did exactly that)

Anyone have similar or different experience?

Thanks

Steve

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I have. I don't recall any problem. Get in touch.
  • Thanks, appreciate the help!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited September 2019
    I’ve had the same experience in the past. I had to chase by phone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Wasn't fast but arrived all fine. Sure they're just busy.
  • Thanks all, just frustrating that I got an order from America and through customs faster than they made it. Especially when it was pretty banal stuff. Cheers for the answers. Wiz awarded to all.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I have and they are painfully sloooow, I suppose we are lulled in instant gratification with the liikes of Amazon Prime next day delivery, but I wont order from Crimson now as they are so slow....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• I've had a couple of frustrating experiences with Crimson. That aside though, the tools are very good quality.
  • My wife bought some tools from them as a present for me a couple of years ago and they arrived several weeks late after she chased them on the phone so yeah, similar experience.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    edited October 2019
    I've ordered from them a couple of times, both took over a week to arrive which put a right hole in my plans. There wasn't any communication from them, and when I rang I got (paraphrased) "Yeah, we're a bit busy. It'll get there when it gets there."

Not helpful, and a bit frustrating. My personal advice is don't order from them unless you're planning well ahead or you're buying spares. It's a shame, because I really love their YT channel and wanted to support it in some way.
    <space for hire>
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Perhaps they shouldn't be in the mail order business if they, you know, can't fulfil the requirements of being in the mail order business?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Dyes/colours have been reasonably prompt, other stuff not so. Dissapointed.

Definitely phone them up though, they are very reasonable and friendly even. If they're waiting for a delivery to fulfil your order they will tell you.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • More recently I've been buying tools from Chris Alsop http://www.chrisalsopguitar.co.uk/shop/
    Great quality and very rapid delivery.
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    gary_mac said:
    More recently I've been buying tools from Chris Alsop http://www.chrisalsopguitar.co.uk/shop/
    Great quality and very rapid delivery.
    Me too, been very happy with his tools.
  • Thanks guys, yeah I've used Chris Alsop for a few things and his quality and service is outstanding. 

Cheers!
  • HalikusHalikus Frets: 59
    I found the trick is buying via ebay that way they are working on ebays schedule.
  • Halikus said:
    I found the trick is buying via ebay that way they are working on ebays schedule.
    Wiz'd thank you!