PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 327
    Going to be another hard month again,  I went with  emotions, something that annoys me
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4231
    edited July 2023
    Jaycee said:
    Going to be another hard month again,  I went with  emotions, something that annoys me
    Fits with Details too: I didn't notice the bag first time I looked.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jaycee said:
    Fits with Details too: I didn't notice the bag first time I looked.

Hadn't thought of that :)
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5770
    This month's competition is going to be seriously tough, a.) to enter as there are some cracking entries already (Gromit) that have set the bar very high, and b.) trying to pick a top three will be like trying to decide which one of your kids is the best.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12480
    edited July 2023
    There’s almost too much choice in the topic this time around. I just went for the easy option of something that makes me happy when I looked at it. I agree, choosing is going to be really hard as the standard is high this month, I like pretty much every shot so far! 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3141
    @littlegreenman ;

Coincidence. My ex-wife's cat (and daughters) was put to sleep today. He was a stripey Bengal and looked just like your cat in the picture!

I went with 'surprise'. The hill is The Wrekin in Shrops. I walk it regularly but in 57 years of living here I've never seen low cloud break on it like that before. 
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5061
    edited July 2023
    Shrews said:
    @littlegreenman ;;

Coincidence. My ex-wife's cat (and daughters) was put to sleep today. He was a stripey Bengal and looked just like your cat in the picture!

@Shrews, not my kitten. He was one of a few cats seemingly living outside the museum at Delphi when I was there over the weekend, him and his Mum were super friendly and, obviously, super cute. I posted that pic because there's nothing brings me more joy than a teenage kitten.

Sorry to hear about the PTS
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Evening all. This is just your regular reminder that there are only a few days left to enter the July competition :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Remember that tomorrow is the last day to enter this month :)

Sheepish face: Am I too late to enter?  Just dropped one in (as apposed to one out :D ) but if it's over the line then no worries - I would expect it to be a winning entry anyway.

edited July 2023
    Haych said:
    Sheepish face: Am I too late to enter?  Just dropped one in (as apposed to one out D ) but if it's over the line then no worries - I would expect it to be a winning entry anyway.
    I’m fine with it if everyone else is. It’s only a bit of fun, I don’t want to be too strict with it.

Voting is now open over in the competition thread, btw

EDIT: @Haych I really like that photo - lots of joy on the man’s face, it makes me smile every time I look at it <3

And a special shout-out to @abw1989 for entering the first shot of a guitar I can remember in a looong time!

• abw1989abw1989 Frets: 643
    Thanks for the mention.

The tattoos give it away I think but it's a shot of one of the hardest working right hands in the business, James Hetfield.

Taken at Download earlier this year during Fade to Black I think...!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haych said:
    Sheepish face: Am I too late to enter?  Just dropped one in (as apposed to one out D ) but if it's over the line then no worries - I would expect it to be a winning entry anyway.
    I’m fine with it if everyone else is. It’s only a bit of fun, I don’t want to be too strict with it.

Voting is now open over in the competition thread, btw

EDIT: @Haych I really like that photo - lots of joy on the man’s face, it makes me smile every time I look at it <3

And a special shout-out to @abw1989 for entering the first shot of a guitar I can remember in a looong time!
    Aww, thanks @skullfunkerry! :)

Morning gentlefolk. July's winner is just in, hot off the press :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Evening all. New competition thread is up :)

• Loving all the entries so far! I've just posted my entry. Was really torn on what to enter - this was my other option:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2441
    Blimey. Good luck to everyone trying to vote this month. The entries are very competitive! 
    edited August 2023
    beed84 said:
    Blimey. Good luck to everyone trying to vote this month. The entries are very competitive! 

Just had a look,  it's going to be extra tough this month
    I think you chose the right pic @skullfunkerry ;

• Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1994
    I like the photo comp thread. People always seem to take better photos than me. It would make it helpful if they included exposure details aperture, shutter speed, ISO and focal length though. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12480
    edited August 2023
    Devil#20 said:
    I like the photo comp thread. People always seem to take better photos than me. It would make it helpful if they included exposure details aperture, shutter speed, ISO and focal length though. 
    Most of my competition shots are just taken with a mobile, so those sort of details are pretty redundant cos everything’s automated. And they’re not really that useful anyway because it all depends on what the light was like that day or in any given situation. What settings work for one shot can be vastly different for another, or even change in the next minute. I suppose saying what equipment/lens was used for the shot and if any flash or extra lighting was used might be helpful. 

To be honest you’re better off learning what effect changing the ISO, shutter and f stop has on your pictures. And that’s the beauty of digital photography really, you can play around with the settings and see what happens instantly.