Strat refinished

What's Hot
boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12406

Just got this back from @lamf68. A stunning job as always from Rich, the guy does really awesome work and I can't recommend him highly enough if you're thinking of having a refinish done.

I wasn't sure what to go for initially but after tossing a few ideas back and forward we decided on a relic'd Candy Tangerine nitro finish which looks stunning in bright sunlight. Seeing as how the plastics and hardware have seen a lot of life, a relic job fits right in with the overall vibe. 

This is a bit of a mongrel and started off as a stripped mid 90's US Standard body (which I think has been a bit of a forum bike in the past and has certainly passed through a few hands that I know of). The neck is a Jap Fender reissue which Rich has stripped back and it's all the better for it...no more thick gloopy finish for my hands to stick to. Plays like buttah, etc etc. Pickups are Fender Customs.

On with the pics.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12406

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    edited October 2019
    Everything I've seen done by lamf68 is class and this is no exception.  I particularly like the relic'ing on the neck and headstock, but it all looks great.  Enjoy it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    If you look up "tastefully reliced" in the dictionary there's a photo of that guitar - looks great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks great :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Excellent! Rich is a star, I love the job he's done on my Performance... 

That is very nice. I do like an orange strat, and as others have already said, that's a fantastic relicing job. Congratulations!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Excellent! Rich is a star, I love the job he's done on my Performance... 

That is very nice. I do like an orange strat, and as others have already said, that's a fantastic relicing job. Congratulations
    Cheers! I saw your pics, he's done a cracking job there too. (In truth I've never seen him do a bad one). Mine looks more red in the pics than it actually is, the 3rd photo down is probably the most accurate and it looks fairly close in colour to yours. The relicing he's done looks just right to me....some jobs I've seen have been really overcooked, especially on the back of the neck, but this is lovely. The paint checking he's managed to get is ridiculously good.  
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    It confuses me to this day that Rich used to message me for gentle opinion/advice on refinishing. He's a GOD at painting. This is lovely but doesn't surprise me at all.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow that looks incredible!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    Rich did a fantastic job on my Strat too!

https://i.imgur.com/ZpVrCwf.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12415
    Rich painted my 3 tone tele which was amazing, I was in discussion with him about refinishing my MIJ strat when I abandoned the project and sold it instead,  Tangerine was on the list - looks great, wish I had gone through with it now : )
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Another +1 for Rich who recently refinished and relic'd my EJ Strat - absolutely top bloke and couldn't be happier with the guitar.

Will get some decent pix together at the weekend

• That is stellar - kudos to @lamf68 ;
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    edited October 2019
    That's a lovely colour. You say it's a bit red'r in real life...I'd actually prefer a touch more orange. Imo obviously. Lovely guitar mind! Needs a rw board too obviously  :)

The block saddles look really cool too on this.
    That's a lovely colour. You say it's a bit red'r in real life...I'd actually prefer a touch more orange. Imo obviously. Lovely guitar mind! Needs a rw board too obviously  :)

No it’s more orange in real life.  ;) For some reason it looks red in pics taken at certain angles. Ta for the nice comments.  :)
    boogieman said:

No it’s more orange in real life.  ;) For some reason it looks red in pics taken at certain angles. Ta for the nice comments.  :)

Ah sorry. All is good then  =)
    edited November 2019
    That's it, I'm making a bitza!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Another vote for @lamf68. As others have said, not only is Rich a genius, he's a top bloke and great to deal with. Check out the post from 9th June on his Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pg/rendallsrestorations/posts/ to see the superb relic job he did on my Tele.