Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's so special about Friedman amps?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    buy the be-od pedal and save some money
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Evildurka said:
    buy the be-od pedal and save some money
    I had one of the first. I didn’t think it sounded remotely like any of the proper Friedman amps I owned!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TBH my slight edge of GAS for a Friedman has all but gone now. My VH4 has been brought back to life (new tubes, bit of soldering, rebias) and my VHT alongside it is actually giving me the tone of a life time.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I am gassing one of the marshall 20w heads, can't decide between the jube, sv20 or sc20.
  • Evildurka said:
    I am gassing one of the marshall 20w heads, can't decide between the jube, sv20 or sc20.
    I miss my SV20H a lot. Definitely buying another when I get the cash together.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    TBH my slight edge of GAS for a Friedman has all but gone now. My VH4 has been brought back to life (new tubes, bit of soldering, rebias) and my VHT alongside it is actually giving me the tone of a life time.
    In the room, recorded, or both?

• octatonic said:
    TBH my slight edge of GAS for a Friedman has all but gone now. My VH4 has been brought back to life (new tubes, bit of soldering, rebias) and my VHT alongside it is actually giving me the tone of a life time.

Well we've got the cabs gobo'd away so I can't say in the room. But definitely recorded.

Bye!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    octatonic said:

Well we've got the cabs gobo'd away so I can't say in the room. But definitely recorded.
    Sweet.

• Each one contains a sample of dna from dean Friedman and a collectors issue of lucky stars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    JMP220478 said:
    I don't think it is fair to judge the bigger Friedman heads based on the smaller ones, but I modded a Runt 20 for Steve recently and it sounded killer afterwards, cleans where nicely balanced and all the fizz was gone, you could actually turn up the presence control

I love the notion and irony of modified Friedman's ..

perhaps Marshall should make them ? :-)  
    They are good at a certain thing, but not good for everything that would be described as high gain modded Marshall, Dave would say this too I am sure

Steve, whom I did the mod for has one of my 50w amps so I already knew what he was after and how the Friedman needed changed