SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/T: Randall T2 300w hybrid guitar amp head £395

What's Hot
zepromzzepromz Frets: 37
edited October 2019 in Amps £

This is a PROPER Randall, not the bargain basement "RH Series" garbage.

Randall T2 guitar amp head, near mint condition, complete with the original footswitch! It breaks my heart to sell this, but I have pretty much permanently switched to bass these days and it is sitting unused. This is hands down THE most incredible Metal guitar head I have ever used (and I have been through Peaveys, Mesas, Laneys, Rockerverbs and rack systems over the years). Its strength lies in the all-valve pre-amp, driving a meaty 300 watt solid state power section. The overdrive channel is bonkers, throw an EMG-equipped guitar into it and you will not need any other boost, the straight-through tone is right on the nail for Thrash and Hardcore. It has a very useful effects loop (switchable between series and parallel, with individual send and return level controls!!!) on the back so you can route everything through the footswitch and turn (say) a Delay pedal on and off remotely if you are just after 3 sounds in your set (OD + effects + either with boost) so you don't have to mess about with a bulky pedalboard in front of you, all you need is the Randall remote!

It produces 300 watts max output power into a 4 ohm cab, and 200w into 8 ohms. It'll work with a 16 ohm cab at a push, but don't expect miracles. I never needed to max this out even at 8 ohms, it is eyewateringly loud paired with a decent cab (I was using it with a Zilla)

Comes as shown, with footswitch and connecting cable.

CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY FROM WEST LONDON.

Can meet on M1/M3/M4/M40 within reason for petrol money. No couriers under any circumstances.

Asking 395.00. Might consider trade for decent electric guitar (Fender, Gibson etc, nothing spikey or Floyds...)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3060
    I had one of these when they first came out. Absolute monster of an amp. Very underated.

Just provide a little info, these actually rated up to 500 Watts at 2 Ohms. Mental amount of power.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepromzzepromz Frets: 37
    Yeah, the chances of actually finding a 2 ohm load are slim, but technically yes, it'll handle it. Trust me, 300 watts into a pair of 8R cabs is already bonkers enough :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom