SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

eBay £1 sellers fee

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
Is Monday the last day of only owning EB a £1 per fee or does the £1 only charge last longer than that.....a bit concussed
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    I am never sure if Monday is the last chance to sign up for the deal that then continues to run for a while longer or if Monday is the end of deal
    tae be or not tae be
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907
    It’s the end of when you can LIST something for sale for £1 fees. I usually do “buy it now” listings and they are £1 (plus ~3% PayPal fees) if it sells in the 30 day listing period. If it hasn’t sold. I cancel the listing and wait for the next £1 offer.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    It’s the end of when you can LIST something for sale for £1 fees. I usually do “buy it now” listings and they are £1 (plus ~3% PayPal fees) if it sells in the 30 day listing period. If it hasn’t sold. I cancel the listing and wait for the next £1 offer.
    ^^^^ This.  Don't let it roll over to a re-listing, normal 10% fees will then apply.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9589
    mrkb said:
    I do exactly the same.

Great offers really, and Ive sold loads recently there...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907
    mrkb said:
    I do exactly the same.

Is it OK to relist a previously cancelled listing for £1 - or do I still need to rewrite a new one each time?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    I do exactly the same.

Is it OK to relist a previously cancelled listing for £1 - or do I still need to rewrite a new one each time?
    Nope, if you relist something inactive it will do it for the £1 FVF...
  • Whitecat said:
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    I do exactly the same.

Hi with respect, thats not 100% accurate be careful there or youll be charged full fee. The promotion will only apply to new listing or you can click “sell similar” which will have your listing saved. If you just click the “relist item” that did not previously sell you will be charged full fee’s as the offer will not be applied. 
    Thx
    Pete
    Whitecat said:
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    I do exactly the same.

Hi with respect, thats not 100% accurate be careful there or youll be charged full fee. The promotion will only apply to new listing or you can click “sell similar” which will have your listing saved. If you just click the “relist item” that did not previously sell you will be charged full fee’s as the offer will not be applied. 
    Thx
    Pete
    Incorrect.

Directly from the T+Cs -
    • If an item that is eligible for the promotion had previously closed without a successful sale and is re-listed during the promotion period, it will form a part of the 100 listings limit of the promotion. You will not receive a refund of your original insertion fee if the item sells.
    I've done it loads of times and it works. 

It would be wise to double-check the T+Cs each time they do this as I sure they are within their rights to remove that, but for now, you can directly hit 'relist' on an inactive/unsold item and it counts.
  • Whitecat said:
    Whitecat said:
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    I do exactly the same.

Thx
    Pete
    Incorrect.

Directly from the T+Cs -
    • If an item that is eligible for the promotion had previously closed without a successful sale and is re-listed during the promotion period, it will form a part of the 100 listings limit of the promotion. You will not receive a refund of your original insertion fee if the item sells.
    I've done it loads of times and it works. 

It would be wise to double-check the T+Cs each time they do this as I sure they are within their rights to remove that, but for now, you can directly hit 'relist' on an inactive/unsold item and it counts.
    Yes i thought this and did exactly as described until i sold a guitar and was charge the full fee £200 for re-listing with an active £1 fee sale promo. 
    Spoke to ebay customer service just yesterday about and they said you have to start a fresh listing or use the sell similar tab or the promo does not apply. 
    Up to you guys only passing the info i have on so you dont get stung. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    edited October 2019
    No it’s incorrect. I always relist and have never had a single problem. 

Sold something that way I had for months. Kept relisting and relisting it. Got charged £1. 
  • Hootsmon said:
    Is Monday the last day of only owning EB a £1 per fee or does the £1 only charge last longer than that.....a bit concussed
    Best bet ask for a call back from ebay its free and they call you within an hour ask them to clarify. 
    As i said i spoke to them yesterday and that is truth what they told me, they did refund me the £200 seller fee as they could see i has the active £1 listing but they still tried to charge full price as item was re-listed from an un sold add. 

please update your post with what they say for others 
    thanks

ps im not talking about amending an add sale and re-listing which is still within 30 days sale promo this is totally fine to do as per the t&c’s but according to ebay its when the offer expires and you use a fresh offer you have to use sell similar

Hootsmon said:
    Best bet ask for a call back from ebay its free and they call you within an hour ask them to clarify. 
    As i said i spoke to them yesterday and that is truth what they told me, they did refund me the £200 seller fee as they could see i has the active £1 listing but they still tried to charge full price as item was re-listed from an un sold add. 

thanks

ps im not talking about amending an add sale and re-listing which is still within 30 days sale promo this is totally fine to do as per the t&c’s but according to ebay its when the offer expires and you use a fresh offer you have to use sell similar

It literally doesn't say that, I will not amend. I do it *all the time* and never had a problem. What you experienced was a glitch, not a rule.

My experience with eBay customer service is that the company line differs from agent to agent, and that they largely don’t know what they’re talking about. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    My experience with eBay customer service is that the company line differs from agent to agent, and that they largely don’t know what they’re talking about. 
    No, you must be thinking of the Tory party?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    robwright said:
    No, you must be thinking of the Tory party?
    Could apply it to most companies/parties. But yes. Them more than most. 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    edited October 2019
    Whitecat said:
    Hootsmon said:

thanks

It literally doesn't say that, I will not amend. I do it *all the time* and never had a problem. What you experienced was a glitch, not a rule.

I've done relist loads of times and it's always worked for the £1 fee.  Takes about 2 mins to delist and relist everything every time the £1 fee offer happens.

I always make sure to check the offer status to make sure it's worked.  It's down the bottom of the selling page, click on the offer, even if it says "expired", it'll show you the item numbers which are listed under that offer.  Well worth checking for peace of mind.  Maybe take a screenshot for extra kudos points.