Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Am I going a bit too country?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Is the UK version of US country music The Wurzels? or Punk Rock? I'm not sure.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    The combined seat and box idea is pretty neat.  Wonder where one could be got?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Country music is great... fell in love with it ever since Billy Ray Cyrus invented the genre!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I saw The Wurzels live last year, really good band. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4701
    If its good enough for.....

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • girya32girya32 Frets: 10
    I always used to listen to  Johnny Cash and Dwight Yoakam when I was young. When I heard Brad Paisley's Play album I sold my bass and bought a Telecaster. 
    Five years later I can't play the thing so well ,but I am going to see Brad next week. He can play anything from Chet Atkins to EVH and anywhere in between.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 777

Old Country music is American Folk music, newer stuff expands on the tradition.

Don't know where all the Western music went though?

• kaypeejay said:

Old Country music is American Folk music, newer stuff expands on the tradition.

Don't know where all the Western music went though?

It's still there, check out Corb Lund from Canada. 
    Same as rock music or Blues etc, there are so many different aspects of Country music. 
    Some of the best country music is being made in New York, Oregon, Washington State, and of course Texas. Just don't listen to cliche country from Nashville. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27076
    I like a good bit of country, as long as it’s not the shiny pop rubbish that mostly sells across the Midwest.

I grew up on John Denver, but these days it’s mostly more the Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell/Amanda Shires, Chris Stapleton, and this week I’ve just found Ian Noe. 

There’s plenty of great stuff coming out of Nashville, you just have to ignore the polished crap.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paging @Modellista ...I feel he's uniquely qualified to deal with this issue, because his gigging outfit involves a cowboy hat and arseless chaps. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Despite being a fan of metal/punk/hardcore I love some country at times. Like all genres it has its good and bad points, but when it’s good, country can be amazing. There are some phenomenal songwriters and musicians covered by the genre. 
    My obsession came from hearing Copperhead Road as a child & loving the stories Steve Earle told. 
    https://youtu.be/4oMsif1xHUg
    thie song is the reason I took up mandolin too!

Jason Isbell is (to my mind) one of the finest singer songwriters out there right now- I’d class him up with the likes of Springsteen for capturing American life in song form, only Jason is from Alabama rather than Jersey. His band are excellent too. 
    https://youtu.be/jm6GXnV7c6E
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4985
    Heard a bit of a song called Cowboy Dreams on the radio recently.  I can't say I heard it before but it is an interesting country type song.  When I got home I scanned my music directory and, amazingly, there it was in an album 'The No. 1 Acoustic Rock Album'.  A charity shop buy that ended up more or less unplayed.

Hope you enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQRl9TocHog
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010

this is an interesting video lots of big country names

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010

just came across this

• JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 345
    Me, I think you can do pretty much anything in Country.
    Maybe some redneck country rock . .
    https://soundcloud.com/albrookessongs/lovingupastorm

OK, the performance may leave something to be desired, and, maybe someone who knows how to record/mix/master . .