Phillipe Dubreuille (London) – recommended

What's Hot
danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660

Given how frequently we see posts asking for advice on where to get a refret/set up/etc, I thought I'd post about my recent experience with PD.

I just got my EBMM Luke back from a re-fret and re-wire with Phillipe, and can't recommend him strongly enough. Speak to him and you immediately get the impression that this is a man who knows guitars inside and out. 

The work was done to a very good standard including the set-up (plays like a dream now), and his prices are very, very reasonable indeed. Very nice bloke too!

So if you're looking to get some work done in London - recommended.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    I used to take my guitars to him when he was in Denmark st. Always did a great job & fair prices too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've heard great things about Philippe, though never got to use him as yet. His custom stuff that used to be (still is?) on his website looks teriffic!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    There was quite a long dispute between him and Wilko Johnson about Phillipe not having the right to make a signature Wilko model. This is going back some years now but it's why his name is stuck in my head. 
    Not that it reflects on the quality of his work, just make sure there isn't an unofficial Danny_777 model popping up on his website...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve just taken a look at his website for prices for a refret. £120 for a rosewood board and £150 for a maple! That’s super cheap! That’s about half as much as you’d pay around cambridge! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    I’ve just taken a look at his website for prices for a refret. £120 for a rosewood board and £150 for a maple! That’s super cheap! That’s about half as much as you’d pay around cambridge! 
    I paid Grizzly Guitars £150 ish for a refret and and rewire of an old Mustang not long ago.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    There was quite a long dispute between him and Wilko Johnson about Phillipe not having the right to make a signature Wilko model. This is going back some years now but it's why his name is stuck in my head. 
    Not that it reflects on the quality of his work, just make sure there isn't an unofficial Danny_777 model popping up on his website...
    That Wilko Johnson guitar affair was more complicated you make it out, and whilst Phillipe was somewhat naive in his dealings, he was more wronged than in the wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2427
    I’ve just taken a look at his website for prices for a refret. £120 for a rosewood board and £150 for a maple! That’s super cheap! That’s about half as much as you’d pay around cambridge! 
    Try Imperial Guitars, I've not had a refret done but Keith was very competitive on other major repairs.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    jpfamps said:
    That Wilko Johnson guitar affair was more complicated you make it out, and whilst Phillipe was somewhat naive in his dealings, he was more wronged than in the wrong.
    I certainly don’t know the ins and outs of it, simply it’s the reason his name stuck in my head. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    This is good to know as I live in Camden...