Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oi you old bastards, go get your prostate checked NOW (if you have symptoms like)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11912
    I can't understand the logic of not checking because it might be benign (or so slow it won't kill you). That can be assessed, and you won't know if it's benign or not otherwise.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11912

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15967
    MOST men, if i am correct, starting in their 50s are gonna notice a drop in flow,yeah....so is that alone enough to warrant a visit to the doctors ( apparently this is sooooo common) or should we only go if the slow flow is combined with something else?
    tae be or not tae be
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited October 2019
    I am prostate-less now. I had classic symptoms along with a nasty urinary infection .....which oddly enough I've suffered a few times including right now.

When I was biopsied, it came back positive, which was devastating enough but the delivery of 'yes, you have cancer' sounded like "Hey, guess what the bad news is...."

He was a tosser anyway.....  

There is an industry surrounding prostate cancer....if I had my time again (and my prostate gland) I would I insist on an ultrasound scan and start there. Biopsies are not a real accurate measure.

But yeah....if you want POM.....finger up the bum, no harm done!

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • Bye!

• Had my PSA blood test 3 weeks ago with over 500 fella's attending the Awareness morning!
    Received the 'Green' result :)
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    I've just had a DRE and got test results back....all clear :-). I was pretty apprehensive about the DRE, but it was actually fine...over in seconds and no pain or discomfort. 
  • I’ve had mine checked it’s enlarged but smooth, I also have a letter from the Doctor saying my genitals are unspectacular!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited November 2019
    There was a thing on recently that turned out to be the last ever Bob Monkhouse gig, in which he talked about his prostate cancer. He was remarkably open, brutal even, about himself. He'd had terrible constipation that the usual things didn't sort, so he went to the doctors and one of the tests they did was his PSA score. This is what he said about it.

"While I was at the doctor I had my blood PSA score tested. The standard score is between 1 and 10, if it's 12 or over you should really consider getting yourself checked out. My score was over 600.

"After I got over the shock, I asked the doctor what that meant for me. I mean, how long did I have left?

"He replied '10.'

"And I said 10 what? Days, weeks, months, years, what?

"And he said '9...8...7...' "

He survived for a couple of years, but about three months after that show, in December 2003, he died.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18815
    Not prostate related, but I recently got a surprise DIY bowel cancer kit through the post.
    Beats a Lakeland or Coopers of Stortford catalogue I thought, but (cough)  'filled it in' & sent it off anyway.
    Got a letter a week later with an 'all clear',  get in you beauty... phew.
    Two weeks pass, an unrelated appointment with my GP. I mention the clear result & my relief.
    Doctor says 'well that's good, but those tests are very inaccurate, so keep an eye out for developments'.
    Ever experienced a real low, following a smug high??