SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted - Fender Telecaster with maple fretboard

ten77guitarten77guitar Frets: 1173
edited October 2019 in Guitars £
Looking to buy a Fender Tele. Budget is MIM or MIJ. Possibly MIA if it’s keenly priced. Will want to try before I buy so needs to be within hour or so of South Yorkshire. 

Edit: meant to also say - maple fretboard only
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a MIJ Telecaster, 50's Hybrid model in Blonde, with a maple fretboard if you're still looking

• I have a MIJ Telecaster, 50's Hybrid model in Blonde, with a maple fretboard if you're still looking

Yes I’m still looking but you’re a bit far away in Essex. Feel free to pm me details though and I’ll have a look.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    edited November 2019
    Classic Series 60s in Olympic White.  U-shaped (chunky) gloss maple neck, Tonerider Alnico 2 pickups, Gotoh/Wilkinson Bridge, Gotoh locking tuners. In York.
    Its a replacement Fender neck btw.  Guitar is in 95/100 condition too.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    Got a 2015 mex std in CAR.. mint condition...PE7?

• swampyswampy Frets: 33
    Hi Jamie, what did you think to the pics of the Jerry Donahue tele- are you interested ?
  • rlw said:
    Classic Series 60s in Olympic White.  U-shaped (chunky) gloss maple neck, Tonerider Alnico 2 pickups, Gotoh/Wilkinson Bridge, Gotoh locking tuners. In York.
    Its a replacement Fender neck btw.  Guitar is in 95/100 condition too.
    Thanks I’ll pm you.
  • @Pwalo @swampy thanks for the replies. I’m not too keen on red on telecasters but I’m sure they’re great guitars!

Was this guy a suspected scammer then?

Actually no need to answer that. He claimed to have a blonde 50s MIJ Tele for sale. I asked him to send pictures of the guitar - it was butterscotch.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    I have a MIJ Telecaster, 50's Hybrid model in Blonde, with a maple fretboard if you're still looking

Actually no need to answer that. He claimed to have a blonde 50s MIJ Tele for sale. I asked him to send pictures of the guitar - it was butterscotch.
    Isn't that a slight mistake rather than a scam?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • tony99 said:
    I have a MIJ Telecaster, 50's Hybrid model in Blonde, with a maple fretboard if you're still looking

Isn't that a slight mistake rather than a scam?
    Well first he sent me a link to a reverb listing with a light blonde guitar and said it’s the same as this one. I asked for pictures of the actual guitar and it turns out to be a darker butterscotch.

Fair enough, that could have been a simple mistake. But as this is happening his profile on here is suddenly banned. It’s all a bit of a mystery. Perhaps the admins can shed some light? @Roland ;
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    ah ok
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!