NOGD - Prs content warning

What's Hot
danbandanban Frets: 343
edited October 2019 in Guitar
Happy new old guitar day to me...I’ve actually had this for a week.

I bought this guitar from its first owner near stone henge where it spent its life living in its case barely played in 2011.

It came back home with me to Hastings where it became my number 1 for a couple of years, upon the demise of my band and joining a new one it quickly fell out of favour and was traded in 2013 for a AVRI 52 Hot Rod Telecaster with a fellow TFB member but back in the music radar days.

After the deal I quickly regretted moving it and had seen it pop up once on eBay for a rediculous sum which I wasn’t willing to pay for.

Over the past couple of years I’ve tried one or two Prs that didn’t cut the mustard.

Then cue a couple of weeks ago I saw a lovely burnt maple leaf Prs single cut that took my fancy which I proceeded to visit the music shop and try amongst half a dozen other Prs models that left me feeling luke warm.

However after doing a google search of Prs ce22 used uk, I stumbled across a site where they had a used Prs 22 Standard in metallic green gold....hmm I thought to myself this can’t be the Prs I’d previously owned?!

It was a rare colour I hadn’t seen very often, I went through my old photos and found a photo of the serial number...could it be my old guitar? It was.

I rang the shop who had it and chatted for half an hour, telling stories of the guitar as this was his second time selling alas at a different shop.

So I now know since leaving my ownership it got quickly moved on to Chandlers where Al sold it to his friend and had stayed in its case ever since until falling ill and deciding to sell it on via Al but now working at Oasis music where I bought it from. (It also turns out Al sold me a Mesa 4x12 cab I bought from Chandlers too...small world eh?)

After finding out that Al himself spent most of his life living in Hastings and playing the same places I did before he moved to London to make it as a rock star....a familiar story we can all share I’m sure he ended up as MD as Chandlers where this guitar crosses his path 1st time and then when they closed he moved to the border of Hampshire and Dorset.

So the guitar had gone from Stone henge way to Hastings to London and back to near where I had picked it up from before coming back to me in Stamford,lincs. (Where I’m living now)

I managed to strike a great deal and within a couple of days the guitar was back in my hands, needless to say upon opening the case and inspecting the guitar, I’d dare to say it hasn’t been played or gigged since my last ownership.

Playing it is like playing an old friend and I love it to bits, it’s almost as if the guitar was waiting to be back in my custody!

Needless to say it has gone back to being my number and this time it isn’t going anywhere!!

Here is the Prs at my new home and a photo of me playing it at rehearsal back in 2011.

I know personally understand when you hear some of the greats talk about the guitar that was looking for them. This guitar gets me, makes me play better and gives me chills everytime
I pick it up....as corny as that sounds.

Heres to many gigs, recordings and hours of playing at home
to come.

Enjoy!

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welcome home pretty PRS. That's a nice result.  :)
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Nice story and an excellent result.  I've never seen that colour before it's also unusual with the matching headstock 
  • Awesome story, and awesome guitar! Love the colour  <3
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    edited October 2019
    Awesome story, and awesome guitar! Love the colour  3
    Adam_MD said:
    Nice story and an excellent result.  I've never seen that colour before it's also unusual with the matching headstock 
    welcome home pretty PRS. That's a nice result. 
    Thanks, it’s a 22 Standard built in 2002.

Colour wise I’ve only seen 3 others in the same finish, 1 was a single cut and the other 2 were 24’s (One of which I in the uk and for sale but very beaten.)

It’s like a dirty green starting to oxidise goldtop colour but goes green under stage lights.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23050
    Great story and I love that colour.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12671
    Nice!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• That's awesome! I wish some of mine would come back home!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11905
    congrats.
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    I love the simplicity of the solid colour and moon inlays.

However the only issue is that I’d forgetten how hot and harsh the dragon 2’s are so I’ve ordered a Oil City Blitz spirt for the bridge pickup...can’t wait to hear how that sounds!
  • It's a great axe for sure
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    If Joe Satriani were a dentist :trollface:

I love it.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom