How much is a left handed Taylor 810 worth?

I bought a left handed Taylor 810 a couple of years ago, and I'm thinking of shifting it on. But don't really know what price it's worth these days. The serial number is 20030106159, so I'm fairly sure it's a 2003 model???

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Difficult to say, probably in the same region as a D28 - £1400-£1600. Is there a premium for left handed models, if so you may get more.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Difficult to say, probably in the same region as a D28 - £1400-£1600. Is there a premium for left handed models, if so you may get more.
    That’s interesting - the asking prices for D28’s on eBay are £2-3k but the completed listings reveals they usually go for up to £1800 or so.  

Not many Taylor 810s around - prices on reverb are all over the place.

As for lefties it can work both ways: sellers often ask for a premium (despite the new price being the same) - sometimes they get it sometimes not.
  • mixolyd said:
    Difficult to say, probably in the same region as a D28 - £1400-£1600. Is there a premium for left handed models, if so you may get more.
    That’s interesting - the asking prices for D28’s on eBay are £2-3k but the completed listings reveals they usually go for up to £1800 or so.  

Not many Taylor 810s around - prices on reverb are all over the place.

As for lefties it can work both ways: sellers often ask for a premium (despite the new price being the same) - sometimes they get it sometimes not.
    A brand new D28 is £2400, so how are you getting 3k for used I am not sure? I got mine used for £1200 and the new price has only increased by a couple of hundred since then.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    A brand new D28 is £2400, so how are you getting 3k for used I am not sure? I got mine used for £1200 and the new price has only increased by a couple of hundred since then.
    That’s what I’m seeing on eBay.  Diff models, diff eras.  Partly premium models, partly people thinking that their out of production model is worth more as a result when actually the new standard D28 has everything their previously premium model has.
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Martins usually sell and hold their value better than Taylors. Being left-handed I know that left-handed guitars are a bit hit and miss when selling. The market is smaller (less left-handers than right-handers) but they are rarer to those that will want a specific model.

A new 810 could be obtained for about £2,600 . I would suggest listing it for sale at around £1,400 to test the water and perhaps be prepared to accept offers. In doing so you should emphasise anything you feel relevant that is special  about the guitar and its provenance - and particularly its condition.

You may need to be patient - and flexible in pricing. Good luck!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    I would say it's worth a fair bit more than a right-handed one in the same condition, but you have to be willing to be patient since the market is small. If you are, don't sell it too cheap - top-quality left-handed acoustics aren't common either.

You've probably seen this already, but the last one on Reverb had an asking price of about £1900 - although there's no knowing what it actually sold for. Anderton's also had one but annoyingly remove the price from sold items...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    I'd be far more interested to know why that while it's an 'e' model, it has an aftermarket LR Baggs soundhole pickup fitted, and what finish damage might be under the large piece of velcro on the back, than about a fairly small scratch...

At a guess the Expression system has died, since they do that. None the wiser about the velcro though!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18749
    The eBay listing was for price reference, but yes, the velcro is weird.
    My thought was that as the hard case is a Gibson branded one, the velcro might be to prevent the guitar from moving about?
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    ICBM said:
    I would say it's worth a fair bit more than a right-handed one in the same condition

Not necessarily so in my experience as a left hander - unless there's something particularly special or rare which makes it more sought after.

There's a 2017 left-handed model on Reverb at the moment (from the US) which was originally listed for around £2k five months ago and has just been reduced to £1.5k . The one here is a 2003 model