SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Rift Tweed 5 Champ - NOS Valves - [£625] - SOLD!

What's Hot
sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
edited October 2019 in Amps £
Hi all,

I've been bitten by the modelling bug again (... you know that constant merry go round of selling your amps and pedals to replace them with an all in one modelling solution, only to replace the modeller with real amps and pedals again in a couple of years...).

Any who, my gear setup tinkering is your gain (that's pretty much what this place is, isn't it?)...

[PRICE = £625] + postage (estimate about £15) - PPG.

I bought this from thebreeze on here about 18 months ago now. I enjoyed it for a couple of months then got in touch with Chris from Rift amps (as most of you know, he's on here - thoroughly nice chap) about giving the tweed another (slightly darker) coat of lacquer and upgrading the turret board internals to the current spec of components he's using. I sent it off to him, and he did just that - the guts shots below are an absolute work of art. Since then, it's probably had less than 5 hours play time through it. To be clear, there was nothing wrong with the amp, it was Chris' Instagram that convinced me that I wanted to spend £150 + on tarting it up.

Chris said it was one of the early tweed 5 that he'd made, so I also asked him to update the logo plate on the front to the current logo. I'll include the original logo with the amp for completeness.

Here are some pictures:

More picture below.

Thanks,

James.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
    edited October 2019

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sharpjimbosharpjimbo Frets: 36
    edited October 2019

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 560
    Oh . . . I need that cute little thing . . . OOOoooppss  . . . I've just remembered I cant afford it :-(
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• It does look like a work of art. If I didn't already have a Champ...
  • SOLD!
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2808
    Well done Jim, someone's got a great amp there - really nice upgrades too.  I'm glad you're taking the tax implications of a sale like this seriously  :)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12414
    Or he has a tax bill to pay!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    Or he has a tax bill to pay!
    Ha! No, I'm just a tax nerd that works in tax!
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Hmmm. Glad it's sold but still big part of me wishing I'd bought it, even though I don't need it. :)
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    camf said:
    Hmmm. Glad it's sold but still big part of me wishing I'd bought it, even though I don't need it. :)
    Me too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom