Fender USA 2006 Strat... Legit?

What's Hot
yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
Hi Fender maniacs, I'm tempted on pulling the trigger for a strat, after many years of marriage with mostly superstrats.

As I'm not well versed on the various fender models and variants, and couldn't tell in most cases just by looking at pics if it's a fake/counterfeit or the real thing.

This USA strat is supposedly a 2006 guitar... Local to me, and at what I think is a fair price. 

Any comments anyone? Does it look legit?
What would you expect to pay for this one (no hard case, but a "deluxe" fender gig bag)? 

https://imgur.com/gallery/0SP7Zgv

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    At first glance looks like a highway one or American special. Someone more knowledgeable will chime in.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 907
    edited October 2019
    My late 90's US Standard has a smaller headstock than your photos. It also has a branded neckplate with a hole for the microtilt which your photo doesn't show.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    edited October 2019
    Highway one
    This. 

California series > Highway1 > American Special > American Performer. All are cross-border hybrids of American woodwork and Asian hardware. Some stock pickups are more interesting than others. The big deal with some H1 models was nitro-cellulose finish on the bodies. It starts satin matt but polishes up a treat and wears away for a Relic-like appearance.

yuri_1973 said:
    no hard case but a "deluxe" fender gig bag
    That is how they were originally sold. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I suspect a series 2 Highway 1 USA guitar, CBS style headstock and logo on all Series 2 Highway 1's looks like a matt finish sunburst body, plus these had the hotter pickups (now sold separately by Fender as the "Deluxe Drive" set) and jumbo frets.   They didn't have the microtilt neckplate fitted, it was a plain one.  They also came with a deluxe gig bag not a hard case as stock.  
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited October 2019
    Highway One, but something looks a bit peculiar with the backplate (too white? screws not countersunk, i dunno?)
  • yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
    That probably explains the price, I've read very bad feedback on highway one series... 
  • yuri_1973 said:
    That probably explains the price, I've read very bad feedback on highway one series... 
    Try playing the guitar and see if you like it?
    If you go on internet reviews you will find bad reviews on everything
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom