Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My biggest ever lottery win !!

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
I've just checked the ticket I bought on Wed and I've won !!

No.... of course I haven't won huge...  what were you thinking ?

But £117 for 3 numbers is my personal best.

What pedal can I buy for that ?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Shimano BikeCycling MTB Pedals - PD-M8120 Deore XT Trail - Black  Silver

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    wow that is quite a bit for 3 numbers well done, is this on lotto?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    nice takamine acoustic in the classifieds there, well under your budget
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Yeah, I was surprised too.  I thought it was supposed to be a tenner.  It says something about 'jackpot rolldown' or something.  They must have changed the rules so if nobody wins the jackpot, it boosts the other prizes.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    I once matched 4 numbers on euro millions and got £7.50. Genuinely no idea why it was so little. Just looked up the odds and it's 1 in 13,811.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A number of years ago I got 4 numbers on Lotto and got £74.  I also had the bonus ball but that doesn't do anything with 4 numbers.  If I'd got 5 plus the bonus the prize was £110,000 !!
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    What pedals could you have bought with all the other tickets when you didn’t win ?  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    £90 the most I ever had with 4 numbers, about 15 years ago
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I got £10 on the 4th week after the lottery started. Shortly after I went down to buying approx one ticket a year. I knocked that on the head when it went up to £2 and changed the odds of winning the jackpot from15 million to one, to 45 million to one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    axisus said:
    I got £10 on the 4th week after the lottery started. Shortly after I went down to buying approx one ticket a year. I knocked that on the head when it went up to £2 and changed the odds of winning the jackpot from15 million to one, to 45 million to one.
    Similar for me. This and not winning put me off too.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    I was in a lottery syndicate at work when it first started. A couple of weeks in we got 5 numbers up. The newsagents where we’d bought the ticket said it was too large an amount for him to pay out and said we’d need to go to a post office. We were getting pretty excited by that time. Camelot eventually had to sort out the payment. It was £1100, between 12 of us. Thousands of people had won that week.  :'(

I’ve not bothered with the lottery in the last 10 years or so. Seeing as how my ex still uses the same numbers and still isn’t rolling in money I reckon I’ve saved a good couple of grand. 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I once bought a £1 scratch card and won £2.  Figured I'd never beat those odds again and quit while I was ahead.  A relative of mine won £100 and bought a whole roll of scratch cards - won absolutely nothing :open_mouth: 
  • I did same numbers for years and only won the mimum twice. Stopped when it doubled. The system mirrors society - very few can be very rich and most others feed off the scraps.

For me the top prize should be 1 million and the rest should be shared out. Who wouldn't want to win a mill but also have the chance to win a few grand with 3 numbers as opposed to a few quid  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    My dad had 5 numbers years ago and won 3 grand. When he claimed he realised my mum had the same numbers as they were family birthdays so they won 6 grand. 

If my birthday had been the 12th rather than the 7th they would have been millionaires. I have had a disproportionate amount of stick for this over the years. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 993
    You have no chance of winning the jackpot, but at least some of the money goes to worthwhile causes. The odds of winning the jackpot are so ridiculous it's impossible for the human brain to picture it, that's why people play it, false hope.  Small wins, and news reports of people winning the jackpot make it seem achievable. Statistically the odds are better that Katy Perry will break in to your house and do a poo on your carpet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10272

My wife's cousin won four and a half million a few years ago. A lot of money in anyones world, but round here, with the cost of living so low, it's a massive amount of money. 

I spoke to him not long after he won, and he reckoned he'd previously had his six usual numbers come up, but he'd forgotten to buy a ticket. I called BS but he was adamant.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Keiko said:
    You have no chance of winning the jackpot, but at least some of the money goes to worthwhile causes. The odds of winning the jackpot are so ridiculous it's impossible for the human brain to picture it, that's why people play it, false hope.  Small wins, and news reports of people winning the jackpot make it seem achievable. Statistically the odds are better that Katy Perry will break in to your house and do a poo on your carpet.
    I remember when it first started, they had a statistician saying that you had a better chance of chucking your pound coin down the toilet and getting it back than winning the jackpot. But for some people I guess there’s always that chance that keeps them investing. My biggest bugbear is people who win and say “it won’t change my life”. Well why the hell not???!! Why bother doing it then? 
    boogieman said:
    Keiko said:
    I remember when it first started, they had a statistician saying that you had a better chance of chucking your pound coin down the toilet and getting it back than winning the jackpot. But for some people I guess there’s always that chance that keeps them investing. My biggest bugbear is people who win and say “it won’t change my life”. Well why the hell not???!! Why bother doing it then? 
    I would have no qualms, no qualms about pulling a pound out of the crapper if I dropped it mate, don't you worry bout that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Yeah, I was surprised too.  I thought it was supposed to be a tenner.  It says something about 'jackpot rolldown' or something.  They must have changed the rules so if nobody wins the jackpot, it boosts the other prizes.
    Yeah if nobody matches all 6 numbers for 5 consecutive draws, then the jackpot is divided between all cash winners on the fifth one. On a normal draw matching 3 wins you £30.
  • Ive won several huge jackpots but i just give it all away, cos im that sort of guy

a liar
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom