Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Starting again from scratch?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14501
    I can't stand playing covers - it bores me to death - and the originals scene in this country is just plain broken and pointless.
    #MeToo.

If I do take a break for another 10 years, I'll be way too old for anyone to take me seriously playing the music I like
    There must be a few forumites of a certain age who were well into, for example, Punk Rock the first time around. Some of them may still even believe in some of the ideals associated with that genre. Middle aged men and women, singing about yoof rebellion would seem as daft as Messrs Townshend and Daltrey still performing the original lyrics to My Generation.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I stopped playing once, for a whole week. I went cold turkey, broke out in a cold sweat. The only thing that kept me going was Mrs A not shouting 'TURN THAT BLOODY RACKET DOWN I CAN'T HEAR THE TV' which was quite nice for a change. 

A week was enough, I grabbed a guitar and strummed like a mean mofo but amazingly I was just as bad as before. It was as if I'd never taken a break. I bought two guitars to mask my disappointment. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I stopped for about 10 months after I broke a finger. It was a compound fracture crush injury. 
    Pain was the only limiting factor to getting back. The less it hurt, the more I played; albeit leaving out the broke finger a lot.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    I stopped at the grand age of 19 when girls and cars were more important
    I restarted 12 years ago and have played/gigged and practiced very hard ever since 
    I am now 57
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    edited October 2019
    It took me about 2 years to regain my shredding ability after hand surgery, which required me to take a few months off.

I've never taken any significant amount of time off other than that.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6725
    I've taken the odd year or 6 months off here and there. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3339
    Since my daughter came along three years ago I’ve almost stopped playing, ive got another hobby I enjoy also so I don’t give much time to it. Also kids are pricey so the funds I once had to spend on music have all but gone. 
    I’ve only got my old Park GR10 amp and 1.5 functioning electrics to use so the fun isn’t there. 
    I play probably 15-20 mins a week now.