SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

UPDATE Faulty(SEMI WORKING !!) Fender Frontman 212 Free To a Good Home

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
edited October 2019 in Amps £
That, I think you would agree is a cracking bit of alliteration right there ?

Okay so here's the scoop. My mate Matt is down in Sidcup clearing the debris of his eldest sons stuff now that he has flown the nest. Amongst the chattels of said offspring is a Fender Frontman 212 Combo. Guitarist son says it has developed a fault, you dont get any output out of it when you plug a guitar in, just a "crackling noise" Son has moved beyond it and has instructed Matt to ditch it. Seems a shame, feels like a waste to skip it,might be an easy fix, if not could be repurposed as a 2x12 cab ? Failing that scavenge for parts ?

Anyway, anyone wants it as is ? Free of charge, all I ask is that If I put you in touch with Matt that you turn up at his house to collect it  and reinforce the impression that I've given him that us FretBoard lot are nice, well mannered, and grateful bunch
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Where abouts is it located?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    jebroad said:
    Where abouts is it located?
    Sidcup fella 
    Hot news, my friend just tried plugging a guitar into it. Input 1, crackly and strumming the guitar made the crackle change, plugged the guitar into input 2, works fine ! 

Sooo it sounds like the input 1 fault could be a dry solder joint and input 2 works fine so this is a working (ish) 2x12 100w amp fo free, gratis, nada nothing ....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for a big loud box of free noise 
  • Hmm, that’s just down the road from me but I absolutely don’t need it...   :s
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72512
    DrBob said:
    Hot news, my friend just tried plugging a guitar into it. Input 1, crackly and strumming the guitar made the crackle change, plugged the guitar into input 2, works fine ! 

Sooo it sounds like the input 1 fault could be a dry solder joint and input 2 works fine so this is a working (ish) 2x12 100w amp fo free, gratis, nada nothing ....
    Yes, definitely a fault with the input 1 jack. The common ones are either a broken solder joint under the PCB, or the jack pin itself - harder to spot, they can break between the jack and the board if it gets flexed hard, eg if the lead gets trodden on. Worst case is it needs a new jack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Their occasional issues aside, these are actually decent solid state amps with nice, very Fender-inspired cleans and they're excellent pedal platforms. Even the OD Channel is usable and they're loud
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm, that’s just down the road from me but I absolutely don’t need it...   :s
    Mate I don’t need it either but if weren’t so far away I think I’d have taken it any way ! 
  • years ago i had one of those gigged it for about a year , really good cleans and reverb. kept reading how rubbish they were so i sold mine. then i kept reading how great they are, if i was nearer id grab that.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3230
    If he doesn’t mind having it for an extra week (it’s my daughters birthday this weekend) so unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to collect until the following weekend (9th/10th) then I’ll happily take this off his hands. I’ve been looking for something cheap and SS, so wouldn’t mind having a go at fixing this.
    If he doesn’t mind having it for an extra week (it’s my daughters birthday this weekend) so unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to collect until the following weekend (9th/10th) then I’ll happily take this off his hands. I’ve been looking for something cheap and SS, so wouldn’t mind having a go at fixing this.
    Hey mate, I’ll check but I imagine that would probably be fine. I think he would rather it didn’t go to waste 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom