Plectrum thickness and finding a 'medium PLUS' one.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I prefer to not use a plectrum at all, but I have to sometimes if my index fingernail needs fixing. My new revelation is insanely thin plecs, I hold them real close to the point and it feels more like my normal playing style than any other I have ever used.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6734
    Yep it's fun altering the perceived thickness by how close to the edge you hold it. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    imho thickness despite being used as the measure we’re supposed to compare them by (because it’s an easy number ot quote and market) is really unhelpful - a bit like string gauges being sold by diameter when it’s tension and mass that matters (same reason)

The flexibility, tip geometry, and edge radius are what come together to provide what you experience - just try “medium” or similar thickness picks in different materials and designs - one will feel “medium plus” 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6734
    Yup, which is why it's celluloid more than anything I am enjoying, and the lighter gauge adding to that. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.