Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hercules Stands

What's Hot

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    bbill335 said:
    Yes I have two. Nice and stable, I prefer these to the ones that hang the guitar by the headstock, which I find don’t work too well with a Tele. 
    ??? they're fine. i have the adaptors on that make the grippy bit narrower but my tele sits in there fine.
    I've got the double floor stand holder, works great. Didn't know about these adaptors though.....off to Google.....

*Edit* - found them...http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/p/n-i-n-a-narrow-instrument-neck-adjustment/accessories_guitar-stands?pp=24
    they were included with my stand  :s but nice to know they sell spares
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    bbill335 said:
    Yes I have two. Nice and stable, I prefer these to the ones that hang the guitar by the headstock, which I find don’t work too well with a Tele. 
    ??? they're fine. i have the adaptors on that make the grippy bit narrower but my tele sits in there fine.
    I've got the double floor stand holder, works great. Didn't know about these adaptors though.....off to Google.....

*Edit* - found them...http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/p/n-i-n-a-narrow-instrument-neck-adjustment/accessories_guitar-stands?pp=24
    They were included with mine too. I have one spare if it's any use to someone: my Performance hangs best with one on & one off
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• bbill335 said:
    bbill335 said:

They were included with mine too. I have one spare if it's any use to someone: my Performance hangs best with one on & one off
    Maybe I need to check the box!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27105
    I’ve used the floor standing ones consistently for 10 yrs and never had any issues. Great stands 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18823
    Really pleased that so many Hercules owners are happy & problem free.
    However, just a few shots so everyone can see what the issue was like from the point of view of those not so lucky.
    The last pic clearly shows that the plastic has deteriorated to the point where it even picks up fingerprints, as well as dust  :s
    The tripod base locking knob is also affected.
    Hope this helps.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really pleased that so many Hercules owners are happy & problem free.
    However, just a few shots so everyone can see what the issue was like from the point of view of those not so lucky.
    The last pic clearly shows that the plastic has deteriorated to the point where it even picks up fingerprints, as well as dust  :s
    Hope this helps.

Had the same thing happen to a Hercules mic stand. I ended up binning it as one of the bits just broke apart.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    edited October 2019
    Really pleased that so many Hercules owners are happy & problem free.
    The last pic clearly shows that the plastic has deteriorated to the point where it even picks up fingerprints, as well as dust  s
    Hope this helps.

Looks like Hercules have themselves an Achilles' heel!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :)   Search for 'hercules guitar stand plastic sticky' when you have some time to spare.
    I reckon they will have fixed the issue by now, given the numbers of people that have raised it  ;)
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2246
    I've had two stands with the exploding sticky handles. They've been repaired with tape for about a year with no problems. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    Does anyone have the double or triple Hercules stands and if so could you let me know what the ‘footprint’ is in terms of the amount of floor-space that’s taken up when they are loaded with guitars? Thanks. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    ^ Triple guitar stand GS432B Auto grip.   Height: 905-1130mm (35.6-44.5") Weight: 2.9kg (6.38lbs) Base radius: 430mm (16.9") Load capacity: 30kg (66lbs) Folded size: 760x135mm (29.9x5.3")
    ^ Triple guitar stand GS432B Auto grip.   Height: 905-1130mm (35.6-44.5") Weight: 2.9kg (6.38lbs) Base radius: 430mm (16.9") Load capacity: 30kg (66lbs) Folded size: 760x135mm (29.9x5.3")
    Thanks. I guess that’s just the stand dimensions. I was hoping for some ‘real world’ experience from users as to the footprint they take up when there’s guitars on them. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Not entirely certain of the Hercules, but I'd bet money it'll be pretty much the same as my 3 guitar stand. The guitars do not extend beyond the stand's footprint, so 430mm should be the number.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited October 2019
    Does anyone have the double or triple Hercules stands and if so could you let me know what the ‘footprint’ is in terms of the amount of floor-space that’s taken up when they are loaded with guitars? Thanks. 
    Yes, I do - I only have the triple stands at the moment as - oddly enough - my double stand became very tacky and then collapsed. I actually swapped a triple stand for it with a chap, as I needed a double stand. It was only when I got it home that I noticed how sticky it was and, to be honest, assumed that it was his fault. That was before I saw this thread. :-)

The triple stand doesn't take up much more room than the double stand though - at least the 'footprint' element doesn't. It's about 580mm between each foot, then of course add on a little if you don't want to bash your guitar against a wall when you're taking it off the stand. Incredibly seedy looking pic taken just now for you. 

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Sod the stands, those guitars are gorgeous  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    ^ Sod the stands, those guitars are gorgeous  :)
    Gawd bless you sir. A B&G Little Sister Crossroads (the Chinese one - I can't speak highly enough of the quality), an ES-275 with P90's of course, a Dupont Be Bop and an ES-330 that might be a '64 reissue or a limited run VOS thingy. 

Oh, and a non-sticky stand. 
    Call me Dave.
  • @Kittyfrisk same applies to you, stunning guitars. Wow awarded.
    Thanks for the pics and info. And yes, stunning guitars all round, very nice!  :)
  • chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
    edited January 2020
    So back on topic.......what Hercules stand do you use for gigs? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    :)   Search for 'hercules guitar stand plastic sticky' when you have some time to spare.
    I reckon they will have fixed the issue by now, given the numbers of people that have raised it  ;)
    They appear to have fixed it. Newer versions of these have a harder type of plastic which doesn't seem to self-dissolve in the same way. I've come across quite a few of the older ones with the problem, it's likely that they'll all do it eventually.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein