Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #53

Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #53

Voting will end at midnight 31st October 2019.

Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.
1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

You can find all the entries the playlist below.

Great to see so many entries and, as there are so many, I'll announce the top half (i.e. top 6) after the voting.

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/sotm53-2019-10 

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6700
    edited October 2019

1st choice gets 5 points - Rowby1  - The one I'd probably most enjoy hearing live. Lovely vibe. 
    2nd choice gets 3 points - Brad - Great jazziness over the changes - I wish my guitar had these notes on it I must have a dud.
    3rd choice gets 1 point - Barney - Fret 2019 - Especially love the turnaround and the first fast little run when it comes in.

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4101
    Very difficult to choose.  Everyone's a winner.  Could easily be open mic night at Wilson's Blue Club on the Sunset Strip.  However here goes:

5 points - @Matt_McG ;. Loved the peaking trebley ear bleeding tone and the unique phrasing, great approach at not just the standard blues scale use.

3 points - @Brad ;.  The jazz phrases always impress me and a super outtro descending widdle symbolic of dropping the mic and exiting stage left. 

1 point - @steven70 ;.  (Think this would benefit from some reverb and a touch of delay) I felt like the playing did a great job of emulating someone singing and with a tasty fitting lick around 27s too.
  •  5 points @Steven70 ; Great phrasing, very vocal. Some attitude, proper blues. 

3 points @Rowby1  ; Start's with a quiet Peter Green style, walks up and down nicely, nice flurry at the end. Tasteful.

1 point @Brad Lovely jazzy solo. Soulful. Great ending.

• BradBrad Frets: 659
    A tough one to whittle down to just three as there are things I like about all of them. Really not a lot in it... Great stuff all round :smile: 

5 points  @stratman3142 - A well crafted and melodic solo, following the changes nicely. Mournful and slightly melancholic.

3 points - @Rowby1 - Tasty stuff as always. Plenty of space allowing some lovely blues vocab to shine through.

1 point - @Barney ; - Lovely time feel and a nice sense of spontaneity throughout. Chops for days.  
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1263
    edited October 2019

Cor....not easy this, all superb. But...

5 points @Brad - Lovely tone, laid back but warm and ’live’. Also the ’jazz’ note choice on the changes.

3 points @poopotFiery phrasing and superb tone.

1 point @Rowby1 - Laid back ‘afternoon’ vibe - with moments of great intensity.

• Congrats everyone, great efforts this month.

5 Points @steven70 - This is just pure sleaze and filth, love it. I did like the rawness of the tone.

3 Points @Rowby1 - Classic approach with some wonderful melodic passages, loved the understated tone too.

1 Point @Brad - Lovely technique and some slick Jazzy parts.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Some nice stuff from everyone on these. Pretty tricky to decide on rankings too but here goes:

5 points @Bellycaster some unexpected moments in there that kept my attention.

3 points @Brad showing you know your way around the changes nicely once again.

1 point @stratman3142 another tasteful and relaxed solo.

Nice to see so many entries!
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    edited October 2019
    Wow!  Superb playing all round.  Thought I'd done OK then I started listening to everyone else and thought "ah, shiiiit!!!"

5 points @Brad - Loved the feel and pace of this.  Great jazz feel.

3 points @Barney ;; - Really liked the playing through the turnaround and then a nice flourish to end

1 point @Rowby1 - Nice tone.  Fitted really nicely to the backing.  Understated but "just right" for a cool, laid back solo.

• BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    edited October 2019
    Some great entries here ..all of them 
    Hard to choose but my favourites are 

@Brad ..5 points ...love the jazz feel on this and outlining the chords really well 

@Rowby1..3 ...lovely feel and great note
    choices 

@stratman3142 ;; 1 point ...lovely melodic playing and again I can hear the changes really clear in the solo

• Loads of great entries.

5 points @Rowby1 : The most authentic sound. Lovely touch, feel and phrasing.
    3 points @Brad : Clever jazzy lines. Interesting melodies and phrasing.
    1 point @Barney : Great lines and nice speed bursts. Again I like the phrasing.

A reminder that voting ends tomorrow night.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closed.

It's not a competition.