venue advice Midlands (ish)

What's Hot
steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
edited October 2019 in Live
Hello,

Bit of a long shot...

I'm looking for a Midlands(ish) based venue I can hire and who might be prepared to accommodate a very small one day festival, more akin to a private party (it will be invite only <100 people).

Open to all ideas including dedicated music venues and other 'groovy' spaces (would hire in a PA if necessary) as long as we can be left to our devices and make a noise.

Ideally would be able to accommodate a few overnight camper vans.

Time wise, looking at autumn next year (Oct 2020)

Aware this is quite vague, it's still at high level planning stage. If it happens.
If you have any thoughts, or can put me in touch with anyone, please drop me a line.

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hello
    These guys started running a festival a couple of years ago from nothing in the notts derby area...
    I think Year 1 & 2 they hosted at Amber Valley rugby club - noticed these now moved to doncaster (i think they got too big for the rugby club).
    However they may have a list from their search if you contact them as i remember seeing posts on fb about various venues they were checking out. Hope it helps
    https://www.eyupmiduck.co.uk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Have you looked at village halls?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    Thank you @Roland and @midiman1962 for the good ideas - much appreciated.
    Will drop some folks a line and see what happens.
    Thanks
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2019
    Whereabouts Midland(ish) would be good for you?

I can recomend the village hall in Napton. They have a large main room and two smaller, plus a nice field out the back. They host their own music festival there each year as well. We've used it for band rehearsals.

http://www.jimsleight.com/napton/village-hall
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Hoar Park in Warwickshire. Craft shops and restaurants and a children’s farm. They have a large barn that they hire out and a field that they rent out plus ( IIRC) a small area for camping with basic facilities. I went to a camping rally there, we had the field and then the whole area to ourselves after the shops shut at 5pm. It was certainly quite loud and there are no immediate neighbours, the music was shut off at 11pm although wether that was an agreed curfew or self imposed I don’t know. 
    The Drum and Monkey, Upton Upon Severn. Which is a pub with a small campsite and there is an adjoining field where they have a few small festivals ( I guess you’d need marquee hire, etc). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    Superb- thank you @EricTheWeary ; and @not_the_dj ; - I'll check them out.
    Much appreciated