SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Left Handed 24 Fret Kemp Guitar Neck

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
edited November 2019 in Parts £
Bought this at the start of the year with thoughts of making a body to go with it and making a guitar for my lefty daughter because at that time she was all about the “super fast pointy rock guitars” (I know, I know....)

Anyway, in the time it’s taken me to “not get around to it” her tastes have changed and now it’s all about Paisley Jazzmasters, or something ..

So I could do with shifting this on.
Actually a bit stumped for details as to what woods etc this is as I can’t seem to open the eBay ad from when I bought it maybe @KempGuitars could fill in some of the blanks. 
I’ll get the radius gauge & the callipers our tomorrow to determine fingerboard radius & fret size.

*Update with details”

Okay so I finally dragged my tools out and can tell you the following

Fingerboard rad: 16” 
Nut Width : 43mm
Heel Width at 24th fret : 58mm
Neck Depth. 1st fret : 19.2mm
Neck Depth 8ve : 21.1mm
Frets : 2.9mm wide,1.8mm high

Still find the differentiation between a “C” & a “D” profile a bit confusing but would suggest this is possibly more of a “C” 

As you can see it’s a beautiful example of Yer man Kemps work, 5 piece lam neck comes with a maple ? Veneer on the headstock stained blue. Quite a broad flat neck feels a ballpark “Ibanez” profile but with a lot more finesse. The fingerboard/fret ends for instance are sooo nicely finished 

Has threaded inserts and Allen Head machine screws included.

Great condition, lovely thing that’s useless to me as I sail on the fickle waves of a teenagers faddish nature .,

£70 posted any good ?

I do also have a couple of MDF templates for bodies that I bought from Kemp. I’d sell those for £20 if interested ? 

That might make postage awkward though so if you wanted a tracing of the body templates instead I could do that 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments