SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Yamaha NTX900FM Classical Nylon Electro Acoustic in almost mint condition.

What's Hot
SammySammy Frets: 129
edited November 2019 in Acoustics £
Yamaha NTX900FM Classical Nylon Electro Acoustic Top of The Range, including Yamaha fitted case, which was bought from new back in 2009.

This was one of the best Nylon Electros out there but is now no longer manufactured by Yamaha, it sounds great either played acoustically or through an amp.
I have had the action slightly lowered and it plays like a dream and I also put some stick on dot markers on the fingerboard, being an electric player, which can easily be taken off. See the full spec below.

Please note, whilst the the guitar is as near as new as can be and plays and sounds great acoustically and also electrified, when I recently got it out to sell, I found there is a slight problem with the System 61 Preamp Box itself, as when plugged into an amp there is a sort of low clicking noise even when the volume controls on the built in pre amp are turned off, but don't increase in volume when the preamp volume is turned on. So it is not really noticable, whilst playing, if you play at a low to reasonable home volume through the amp but with the preamp volume turned up on the guitar. 

I did contact Yamaha and they advised me to take the guitar to the Yamaha Centre in London, where the Guitar Tech would look at it etc.As I have recently decided to sell it, as I don't really play a Nylon anymore and haven't actually used it for the last few years, it would be better if the buyer sorts out the problem, as I don't really have the time. Therefore I am selling at a very reduced bargain price, for the quality of this Guitar at just £350, which gives ample room for someone to either get the unit repaired or even a new preamp section fitted and aquire the guitar for a really great price, as the pickup's themselves fitted to the guitar are fine and sound great.
PMT have one NOS left for sale at £1,040, which I don't believe includes the Yamaha fully fitted case, which comes with mine! 

SPECS
The Yamaha NTX900FM Classical Electro Acoustic Guitar,Natural offers extended playability making the NTX900 perfect use with a widerange of styles. The Yamaha NTX 900FM is a capable instrument, deliveringeverything from subtle fingerpicking to flatpick solos. The Yamaha NTX900FMClassical Electro Acoustic Guitar, Natural Main features Includes: ClassicalStyle Cutaway Body Solid Engelmann Spruce Top Flamed Maple Back & SidesNato Neck A.R.T. 2way Pickup System (System61) Rosewood Fingerboard RosewoodBridge Nut Width: 48mm Scale: 650 mm (25 9/16")

Sorry but I am not willing to ship, so it is collection only in Croydon area, near West Wickham, but welcome any serious buyer to come and try first if required, as they will see what a lovely Classical guitar this is, both acoustic and amplified tone and a great buy, even without electrifying.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I'm pretty sure the top of the line model is the ntx 1200

Still great guitars in which ever guise,  700, 900 or 1200
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    You are correct the NTX1200 was the actual top of the range, but the 900 appeared to be regarded as the best model by players and reviewers. I definately preferred it. :)