Wiring diagram for Catswhisker Humbuckers!

Anyone have a diagram or schematic whatever it's called for wiring up a set of Catswhisker Humbuckers, the pups have a yellow, green,red,blue and bare setup and the push push pots have regular 3 prongs on the pot with a six prong config above!!! Any help would be greatly received
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2966
    tFB Trader

This should be the kitty, it's on his site lurking in the "archive" bit -

http://www.catswhiskerpickups.co.uk/index_htm_files/HumFlyer.pdf

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14583
    If you follow the official Catswhisker schematic diagram for Coil Splitting, it will leave the screw pole coil of each humbucker sounding.

If you would prefer to have the stud coils operational in Split mode, reverse the blue and green conductors. (On a 24 fret guitar, the proximity of the stud coils to each other gives them a better chance of sounding Stratty.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    If you follow the official Catswhisker schematic diagram for Coil Splitting, it will leave the screw pole coil of each humbucker sounding.

If you would prefer to have the stud coils operational in Split mode, reverse the blue and green conductors. (On a 24 fret guitar, the proximity of the stud coils to each other gives them a better chance of sounding Stratty.)
    Looking at the diagram, and thanks to @Corvus ; for posting it, where does the bare wire go off the pickup, I can't see any reference to that in the diagram
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2966
    tFB Trader
    That must be your earth wire if all the coloured ones are taken care of.
    Bare "drain" screen wires go to permanent ground. Typically, a pot chassis. 

On a push-pull pot, use the tab at the bottom of the switch body. The pot itself should then be grounded to complete the path to the output jack socket.
    Bare "drain" screen wires go to permanent ground. Typically, a pot chassis. 

On a push-pull pot, use the tab at the bottom of the switch body. The pot itself should then be grounded to complete the path to the output jack socket.

Corvus said:
    That must be your earth wire if all the coloured ones are taken care of.
    I genuinely haven't a fucking scooby what's going on with this wiring....where does everything else go??? The wires from the switch? The volume pots? What goes where are these push pull things supposed to be in the volume position or tone... seriously fucking clueless...I can't find any reference to where everything else goes..
    The host guitar design will have some bearing on how the Catswhisker humbuckers and the controls will be connected up.

I fear that listing all of the possible wiring options here will add to your confusion. If you are within reasonable travelling distance of Pembrokeshire, I am willing to assist with the task.  

The host guitar design will have some bearing on how the Catswhisker humbuckers and the controls will be connected up.

I fear that listing all of the possible wiring options here will add to your confusion. If you are within reasonable travelling distance of Pembrokeshire, I am willing to assist with the task.  

Appreciate the offer mate, but can't be beaten by these !!!!....it's just a Les Paul that requires coil splitting. Two regular 500k pots and two of these push pull jobbies...the switch carries 5 wires back to the circuit...if that helps an explanation of love to know where you suggest everything goes. The wiring in this particular guitar goes to one of those grounding plate things that some les pauls have, so the jack socket is soldered to the plate, the green and yellow from the switch originally went to the braided bit and the black off the switch to the core..I've matched all that up correctly, I just don't know where the rest of the wires go in relation to the pots, and do the pots (Push Pull) have to be in the tone or volume position. I've wired up hundreds of guitars over the years in standard form but have never had to piss about with a pot like this.
    edited November 2019
    lamf68 said:
    it's just a Les Paul 
    Thank you. 

Looking again at the official Catswhisker diagrams, I appreciate that their incompleteness would be confusing. (Their coil split diagram illustrates one way of connecting a pickup to a DPDT switch but fails to make clear the orientation of the switch itself.) After enough years of peering at circuit diagrams, you tend to understand what they mean even when they resort to lazy shorthand and are riddled with errors and omissions. 

I strongly recommend having the push-pull pots as tone controls rather than volume. 

Here is one way of wiring your guitar. https://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring-diagrams?meta_params=guitar-options,2-pickups,neck-h,bridge-h,2-volume,2-tone,3-way-toggle,accessory-none  Fourth option down the list.

Translate the Seymour Duncan diagram output conductor colour codes as follows:

SD Red = CW Red
    SD Green = CW Green
    SD Black = CW Blue
    SD White = CW Yellow
    SD Bare = CW Bare

lamf68 said:
    it's just a Les Paul 
    Thank you. 

Looking again at the official Catswhisker diagrams, I appreciate that their incompleteness would be confusing. (Their coil split diagram illustrates one way of connecting a pickup to a DPDT switch but fails to make clear the orientation of the switch itself.) After enough years of peering at circuit diagrams, you tend to understand what they mean even when they resort to lazy shorthand and are riddled with errors and omissions. 

I strongly recommend having the push-pull pots as tone controls rather than volume. 

Here is one way of wiring your guitar. https://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring-diagrams?meta_params=guitar-options,2-pickups,neck-h,bridge-h,2-volume,2-tone,3-way-toggle,accessory-none  Fourth option down the list.

Translate the Seymour Duncan diagram output conductor colour codes as follows:

SD Red = CW Red
    SD Green = CW Green
    SD Black = CW Blue
    SD White = CW Yellow
    SD Bare = CW Bare

Am currently beavering through the soldering now...really appreciate the help mate.