Anyone picked up a new tele in 2019? Vintera, Original 50s, new Vibes/Mexicans or something else...

What's Hot
TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
Fender/Squier have put out quite a few new teles this year, & sadly I've not had a chance to play any of them. The Vintera Modified seems to be just a renamed Baja, but the original 50s one looks very appealing, and the new vibes/o50s always look good.

Just looking for some good honest player feedback rather than 20 minute YouTube videos where the bridge pickup barely sees any clean playing done on it :s
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3052
    edited October 2019
    @jamesoliver1234 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/162321/

I believe Fender shared his demo on his Vintera Tele.

He has much more time for playing these days since the restaurant business went down the pan.

R.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited October 2019
    Ahh awesome. Cheers!

Damn, that Brand New Cadillac cover is tight as hell. That guitar playing is killer @jamesoliver1234 ;;

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    @jamesoliver1234 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/162321/

I believe Fender shared his demo on his Vintera Tele.

He has much more time for playing these days since the restaurant business went down the pan.

R.
    I was going to say what a s**t thing to say about someone on the forum then the penny dropped ( doh)...but, yes he does lovely things with his Vintera ( I don't know if it's the modified one or not). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I played a 70s vintera thinline tele the other day. Ive owned avri, custom shop, mexican, japanese.

It was the best guitar ive played in years.... now i dont know if it was that particular guitar that worked for me but it played beautifully and sounded amazing... gonna buy it this week.... unreal

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @EricTheWeary ; its unmodded the only thing i do to my guitars is change the strings every 3 gigs.
  • @Tenebrous ; glad you liked the video!

@robinbowes ; times are hard gotta do something ha!

@Niallseroreilly ; i agree. i own vintage and custom shop fender's and this guitar is just good and id rather fly with it and take it on road than my old ones.. but in the past i took my black 61 strat everywhere including jam nights! 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    @EricTheWeary ; its unmodded the only thing i do to my guitars is change the strings every 3 gigs.
    The Vintera tele range is 50s, 50s modified, 60s modified, Thinline, Deluxe, Custom and 60s Bigsby. I wasn’t sure which one of those you have ( rather than meaning you’d modified it yourself). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
    edited October 2019
    I collected my new Performer Tele on Saturday, very happy with it. Tuned it when I got it home and it’s still bang on . That’s probably quite normal but either way I’m happy . Build quality seems good, I’ll keep it.
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    I compared a new Original 50's Tele with a s/h AVRI 52 and bought the AVRI.  The 7.25 radius suits the fat neck imho.