Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Strat Value Sweet Spot?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469

You would be better off with a Mexican one than an Elite - even at the reduced prices.  The Elite doesn't have a nitro finish, which is the big benefit of the AVRIs and American Originals.  If you want good pickups, you will have to budget extra whichever way you go, as the Elite has those horrible noiseless things.

I don't think the two point bridge sounds as good as the traditional style bridge, so I'd go for Classic Series (now renamed Vintera by the marketing idiots), or AVRI / American Original.

If you really want a flatter fingerboard radius and a 2 point bridge then the Classic Player, or Vintera Modified is still a better bet than the Elite.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited October 2019
    munckee said:
    roberty said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    To be honest I’m tempted to just grab a new player series as a stopgap for a year or two until I get the budget up together for something a bit more special.
    Buy cheap buy twice etc

You always end up buying the thing you want. I'd wait personally until you have the funds
    Yep
    But if you haven't got the funds buying from here/gumtree means you will still have the same value of guitar in a couple of years but will have had a strat for that period : )

Precisely what I’ve done. Found an American Pro in the colour I wanted so it’s winging its way to me as we speak! 

Got a few holidays and a potential house move in the next 18 months so would rather wait until I know what I REALLY want as my ‘long term’ one and not just settle for something on impulse. 

This will scratch my itch for the next couple of years :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom