P100s and P90s

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
Soapbars On a LP special........are these the same size/interchangeable?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7063
    tFB Trader
    Not exactly. They are the same length and width as you'd expect but because it has a second stacked coil a P-100 is deeper.

So if you put P-90s in a guitar made for P-100s you may need to pack under the pickups.
    And if you put P-100s in a guitar made for P-90s you may need to rout the cavities deeper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    Oh, thanks Steve
    tae be or not tae be
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72563
    Not exactly. They are the same length and width as you'd expect but because it has a second stacked coil a P-100 is deeper.
    *Much* deeper - very close to twice the depth, because the two coils are the same height and it's only the magnet and baseplate which aren't doubled.

Although I've never tried it, I think it's unlikely a P100 will fit in any stock cavity routed for a P90.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14560
    I managed to fit a Seymour Duncan STKP-1B (and a shallow piece of compressible foam) into the pickup cavity of a Hamer XT Junior.

I soon removed the stacked coils pickup. None of its modes sounded as good as a dogear Antiquity P90.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom