Fender MIJ Hybrid Telecaster - allen keys

What's Hot
WildWayzWildWayz Frets: 90
edited October 2019 in Guitar
Hi all,

I just had a Fender MIJ Hybrid Telecaster delivered - for a £900 guitar, it came with what feels like a gig bag that was supplied with a "My First Guitar" kit. I know I shouldn't moan about that, just feels a little silly. Even my FGN Odyssey came with a better quality gig bag, and that was £150 cheaper. Anyway, that aside - I noticed there was no allen keys supplied. Is that normal? I assumed pretty much all guitars come with allen keys these days. Does anyone know the size of the allen keys required for the truss rod, saddle screws etc? Are they imperial or metric?

Thanks

James
Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4730
    Who is Alan Keys?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlw said:
    Who is Alan Keys?
    ha - stupid autocorrect :D Taht's my excuse and i'm sticking to it ;)
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7795
    edited October 2019
    Assembled any big Ikea furniture? The large silver one supplied may work straight off.
  • Assembled any big Ikea furniture? The large silver one supplied may work straight off.
    I've got loads of allen keys - just not sure if these are imperial or metric - and some of the keys are very close, but using the wrong ones could round the bolts. I called Fender and they couldn't answer without the serial number which I don't have to hand.
  • You'll only round them off if you lean on them, they use the metric system in Japan so likely to be imperial. Take some string tension off and try a saddle screw, 1.5mm I think. They wont be tight enough to do any harm.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4730
     they use the metric system in Japan so likely to be imperial
    Uh?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom