Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How much does a Les Paul weigh?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HeelHeel Frets: 271
    Les Paul weighs about 155lbs. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    thegummy said:
    What do you guys think is a good scale for weighing guitars?

Been thinking about getting a "postal scale" from Amazon but I wonder if the ones that would be worth me paying for (to weigh a couple of guitars and maybe a handful of things for eBay postage in my life time) would be so inaccurate I might as well just use the kitchen scales or not bother at all.

There are ones about 60 quid that seem to be well received but I'd never pay that much, a third of that would be my max probably. What do you think the accuracy of 20 quidders would be?

Might try weighing a couple guitars on kitchen scales in the mean time just to have a look.
    Just give it to a member of The Red Hot Chili Peppers...……….
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    I'd offer a bit of perspective - Mr D is probably not attuned to the intricacies of the geetar like possibly us folks on here. Many things I'd have zero clue what the weight of them are and I'm sure we're all the same.

And anyways, the alleged story has the guitar in mid air by the the time Roger chinned him flat out. In a lot of ways it's probably a good thing there was no social media back then but I'd make an exception for the Who's instagram feed circa '64-74 :)

H

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7065
    tFB Trader
    I had a Harley Benton solid ash bodied Telecaster type here last week, it weighed over 10 pounds!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7065
    tFB Trader
    Heel said:
    Les Paul weighs about 155lbs. 
    Not any more he doesn't
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    thegummy said:
    What do you guys think is a good scale for weighing guitars?

Been thinking about getting a "postal scale" from Amazon but I wonder if the ones that would be worth me paying for (to weigh a couple of guitars and maybe a handful of things for eBay postage in my life time) would be so inaccurate I might as well just use the kitchen scales or not bother at all.

There are ones about 60 quid that seem to be well received but I'd never pay that much, a third of that would be my max probably. What do you think the accuracy of 20 quidders would be?

Might try weighing a couple guitars on kitchen scales in the mean time just to have a look.
    Ultra ship 75:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ULTRASHIP-Weights-PARCELS-Electronic-Shipping/dp/B01FHTFUGW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=ultraship+75&qid=1572610245&sr=8-1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I’ve had one that was 12lbs. Most Yamaha SG’s are the wrong side of 11lbs. I even had a PRS McCarty that was 12lbs. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom