Elite Vintage Guitars

What's Hot
jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
A chap on the Yamaha SG Facebook group posted his new purchase from them. He made out that they were as cheap as importing one yourself.

I pointed out that was not true using a guitar currently for sale on Ishibashi. I broke down the charges accurately.

I've had a really bizarre response from him. Asking me to delete my post. I’ve refused as I think it’s in people’s interests to know how to import a guitar if they are daunted. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Why does he want you to delete it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    edited November 2019
    @fuengi If I may draw your attention to this discussion re. EVG from a while ago...

@aroof said:
    rossi said:
    There were quite a few on Gumtree Norwich a while back .The only one I ever played didnt really impress me as I went in to buy a Strat and came out with a Tele,The SG weighed a ton and a half .
    Same seller, uses different locations (aberdeen, norfolk, berwick, saturn, mordor, the astral plane etc), also meets (london)

hobbio said:
    Not imho:)

AlexC said:
    When I was about 17 I was in a music shop and I looked up at a Les Paul hanging there. Then I looked at the price. I remarked to the owner (I knew him quite well by this point , being a regular customer) how expensive it was. And he said to me - 
    It’s not expensive that’s just what it costs.
    That’s always stuck with me. Point being - if you don’t like the price of something then don’t buy it. If you can’t afford it - tough shit. There’s about 3 models of guitars which I would love to own and play and gig with, but I can’t afford them. So that’s just how it is I guess.

He can set his prices as he likes, that's not what I am concerned by. My problem with this guy is his misrepresentation as a collector and using sockpuppet accounts or even his family to feign interest in his auctions. He also is fast and loose with descriptions, especially regarding originality,specification and condition. I'd be understanding if it was vague, but it's the opposite, with photos deliberately hiding Yamaha's fogging issues for example, or treating black pickup covers as 'spinex pickups' (desirable to SG fans) when they weren't even made after 1998. 

Essentially he is wilfully deceiving people, in several ways, regarding the goods he is selling. Going on about the price etc is just missing the point

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited November 2019
    Well the phrase that annoyed me was “hidden import charges”. I didn’t know about the other issues @HarrySeven thanks for the background. 

Now he’s alleged that I’ve threatened him. So he’s trying to have me banned from the page. I’ve explained the concept of slander to him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom