NGD - Made in Japan Fender Hybrid Telecaster in Indigo

So here she is! She's a Japanese Fender Telecaster Hybrid in Indigo. Serial number shows she was built in 2019.

I'm quite impressed. Out of the box, no setup required. Action is low with no buzz. Maybe the nut needs a slight file as sometimes there is a 'ping' when tuning some strings - simple fix. Will leave it a bit.

Sounds great too! Seriously impressed with the build, setup and feel. Pickups sound a bit noisy BUT we have LED lights and when the downstairs ones are on, I seem to get a buzz.

Fret ends are nice and smooth.

Negatives... Should have come with a slightly better gig bag and a set of allen keys.

Details can be found here: https://shop.fender.com/en-GB/electric-guitars/telecaster/made-in-japan-hybrid-telecaster-indigo/5993002388.html 

Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lovely guitar - what’s “hybrid” about it though?!
  • Lovely guitar - what’s “hybrid” about it though?!
    Wider neck, bone nute, vintage-style locking tuners and 4 way pickup switch (4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel), Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Neck and Bridge Pickups (In Series)).
    Guitar(s): Custom Gordon Smith Graduate, FGN Odyssey JOS-FM-M FBT, Ibanez RG6PCMLTD, Yamaha Pacifica 311H, Harley Benton Fusion Pro HSH Amp: Blackstar HT5-R MKII, Presonus Eris E4.5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers  | Effects: Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe, Fender Marine Layer Reverb, Fender The Bends Compressor, TC Electronics Flashback 2, EH Hum Debugger, TC Electronic Polytone 3.
  • HeelHeel Frets: 271
    Nice. Satin neck?
  • Heel said:
    Nice. Satin neck?
    Gloss Urethane - but feels like satin.

Full details here:

• I've got one of the Burgundy Mist Hybrid Strats and also picked up a Sea Foam Green Hybrid Tele from the forum both with rosewood fingerboards, I agree about the supplied gigbag, bit of a waste of time with very little padding.   The fretwork is excellent on both of mine, I did find the volume pot taper not great on the Strat and changed that out too.