Tele/Explorer hybrid body

What's Hot
Anybody know where i might be able to get an explorer body routed for telecaster hardware?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14578
    Sounds like the sort of thing that Warmoth could make ... for an up-charge. (They call this body style Nomad. It comes with an Ibanez Destroyer-inspired notch bit along one edge.) 

I would be worried about the mismatch between Fender and Gibson scale lengths and neck pitch angles. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited November 2019
    People please stop putting telecaster hardware on cool guitars.

It's already bad enough with the telemaster, leave the explorer alone you swine 

:-p
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    How about a compromise?

OPTION #1
    Stick with mostly Gibson-style fittings but improvise a Parfitt-style cut down Telecaster bridge plate to mount the bridge/Treble pickup.

OPTION #2
    Bespoke variant of Oil City Pickups Big Block. (Ostensibly, a Sixties style Telecaster bridge/Treble pickup in an open top humbucker cover.) I dare say that, for a nominal upcharge, the Big Block design could be adapted to house a Wapping Wharf tapped Telecaster model.

OPTION #3
    Purchase a left-handed example of the early, US-made, Fender Meteora and play it upside down à la Hendrix.
  • It seems Wammoth do what i need IF they can rout for a tele set up, the Nomad body has a neck pocket for a fender neck, my intention would be for a reverse tele neck to be fitted  B)
    That'll be a keeper, then. ;) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That'll be a keeper, then. ;) 
    lol
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    edited November 2019 tFB Trader
    People please stop putting telecaster hardware on cool guitars.

You won't like my telepaul idea then   =)
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader

I have made many Explorer/casters, and LPJ / casters, a few tips if you'll going to have one made, stay away from Mahogany, too heavy, that much heavy wood takes away the classic Tele sound. Although a standard Tele body made from Mahogany that's fully chambered sounds just like a Tele should. Even if you go to Swamp Ash or Alder, I would be tempted the have it fully chambered, even then it will most likely be heavier than a standard Tele. The last few I've made have been made from light weight Idigbo, Obeche or Basswood. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• GSPBASSES said:

I have made many Explorer/casters, and LPJ / casters, a few tips if you'll going to have one made, stay away from Mahogany, too heavy, that much heavy wood takes away the classic Tele sound. Although a standard Tele body made from Mahogany that's fully chambered sounds just like a Tele should. Even if you go to Swamp Ash or Alder, I would be tempted the have it fully chambered, even then it will most likely be heavier than a standard Tele. The last few I've made have been made from light weight Idigbo, Obeche or Basswood. 

Thanks mate, appreciate the advise
    Is this something you could help me with?