How long should you wait between truss rod adjustments

Got neck off here and finally got round to putting it on my tele and it was buzzing from frets 1-6. Also has zero relief at the 12th.

I loosened the truss rod to no avail. How long should I leave it between adjustments?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    You don’t need to wait between adjustments. 

If it’s been off a guitar for a while with the rod under tension, loosen it fully and leave the guitar tuned up for a few days, then see what it’s like.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    You don’t need to wait between adjustments. 

If it’s been off a guitar for a while with the rod under tension, loosen it fully and leave the guitar tuned up for a few days, then see what it’s like.
    Yeah it was tightened to the max. I'll give it a go..
  • The neck seems to be sitting higher in the pocket than the original neck even though they are both fender necks. I had to raise the saddles quite a bit. Is that normal?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72668
    The neck seems to be sitting higher in the pocket than the original neck even though they are both fender necks. I had to raise the saddles quite a bit. Is that normal?
    It can be. Did you make sure there was no loose material or poor machining in the pocket which might stop the neck going fully down? Even a small amount at the inner end will make a huge difference to the neck angle.

But if the saddles are set so the screws are just flush with the tops and not below them, it's fine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    The neck seems to be sitting higher in the pocket than the original neck even though they are both fender necks. I had to raise the saddles quite a bit. Is that normal?
    It can be. Did you make sure there was no loose material or poor machining in the pocket which might stop the neck going fully down? Even a small amount at the inner end will make a huge difference to the neck angle.

But if the saddles are set so the screws are just flush with the tops and not below them, it's fine.
    Screws are definitely below saddles. I might take some of the gloss off the neck as the pocket is tidy
  • Okay, so neck been stung up for a few days now and there is very little relief still..

What are my options? Or am I fooked?

It's a newish neck so I am a bit surprised - previous owner also said he did not have this problem and he sent it to me with the rod fully tightened, so I am guessing that was how he had it when it was on his Tele.

I could try it with heavier strings (12's) to see if that works, but should this really be necessary? 
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3301
    tFB Trader
    Tune up and leave on a guitar stand for a couple of weeks, you can also try heavier strings like 13s 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)