WTB Kala U-bass (or other Bass Uke)

What's Hot
So I was pottering about on Denmark St yesterday on brief visit to London, and decided to have a go on a Kala U-bass. I've heard one played at a open mic once and was intrigued, but never had the chance play one!

It was so much fun! Can't believe how big a sound it gets, especially plugged in!

Can't afford a new one, but wouldn't mind getting hold of a used one if there are any going spare? Also open to any other Bass Ukes if there are any other reputable ones available. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1659
    edited November 2019
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    There was one in amongst the Basses £ classified listings earlier this year. (Not mine, I hasten to point out.) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24565
    The Countryman make is also very good. You'll get a used one of them for £100 to £120.

I think they rebranded a little while ago but I can't remember the new name.
  • In case it should be of interest, I have a Kala U-bass like the one that was up for sale here. 

I was playing in a ukulele group but had to give priority to the main band so gave that up and the Kala has sat in the cupboard since. In the interest of full disclosure after using the U-Bass in anger, there is virtually no useful volume unplugged so I still had to drag an map around and ensure that there was power at any ukelele gig (PITA for outside events!)

Looking for £250 with case and "feedback freezer" sound hole plug included. 

I'm in Portsmouth I'm afraid as you would have been more than welcome to come and have a relaxed tryout and see if you are still keen.

Just let me know if you are interested and would like some pictures.

Oh and Mods, if I'm violating the rules, I'll move this to Classified

All the best,
    Pete

They don't want your name, they just want your number.
  • Thanks for the replies all. Interesting to see that there seem to be some fairly passable options in the sub £200 ball park. Definitely don't think I want to spend any more than that on what is essentially a novelty item, so maybe a proper Kala is out of the question.

Anyone tried one of the Gear4Music own-brand ones? Also, G4M are selling a Luna 'Bari-Bass'. Is that the same as a U-bass or something different again?

I is confused.  :s
  • The Gear4Music looks pretty much the same as my Donner.. at that price point I suspect they're made in the same far east factory pal...

Luna Bari-Bass looks same premise as a U-bass  but I am no expert in this field.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?