Taylor 9V Battery Holder - very irritating

jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 835
edited November 2019 in Guitar
The battery holder on my 512e won't take a standard sized pp3 battery (apparently the 9v batteries in the US are a bit smaller).

Taylor actually recommends performing surgery to the battery holder (i.e. cutting off the top of the battery holder).  But I paid £2000+ for my guitar, and that quite frankly just pisses me off. They actually had a video on their website, which they have now removed.

Unlisted link - as far as I can see, no longer on the Taylor website (and that really really pisses me off):

Guitar mania sells batteries at £4.

But I'm wondering do Taylor also make battery holders that will take a standard UK sized 9V battery?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flame_GuitarsFlame_Guitars Frets: 79
    tFB Trader
    I recently had to replace a Taylor battery holder for a customer. I sent an email to Taylor Europe at 
    service.europe@taylorguitars.com and got a quick response. The part I ordered was: 84006 ES, 9V Battery Box   € 37,50 + € 13,91 (shipping costs) I don't recall having any problems installing the battery, both worth checking with them about types of 9V batteries. Hope this helps.

Flame Guitars. Custom electric guitars, servicing & repairs by David Kennett
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom