Electro-acoustic Problems

Hi all.
I have a Yamaha Compass CPX-5 TBB Electro-acoustic guitar.

The electronic part of this is not working. Does anyone know how to fault find the EQ panel in the body of the guitar.
Alternatively does anyone know where you can buy a replacement for it.

Kind Regards

David
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72560
    If the problem is in the preamp itself, it's unlikely to be repairable and you'll need a replacement unit.

Yamaha UK are very helpful in my experience - https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/contacts/index.html

We also have a Yamaha person here on the forum who might be able to help - @rossyamaha ;

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7063
    tFB Trader
    Faults are almost always to do with the connecting wires rather than the preamp itself. 

I do have a new preamp in my parts box should you need one.
  • Thanks Steve. I’ll check out the cabling.
    Cheers
    David
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14554
    Did the electronics cease working suddenly or gradually turn farty over several weeks before cutting out? (Onboard battery failure.) 

Faults are almost always to do with the connecting wires.
    My first ports of call would be the output jack socket and the PP3 clip. No power supply, no nuffink! 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Thanks for reply.