Does a Duo-Sonic guard fit a Mustang body?...

BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
edited November 2019 in Making & Modding
And are all Fender/Squier Mustang/Duo bodies routed for HS?

Really fancy a HS Duo Sonic but there's lots more mustangs out there, cant stand the look of the chrome control plate on the mustangs though.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72603
    The only ones that are interchangeable are the proper vintage-style ones with the metal control plate, as far as I know. Most of the modern Duo-Sonics seem to be hybrid designs which are more like the 50s ones. None of them I’ve seen are routed for anything other than two singles.

I love the metal control plate, it’s the best bit of the design! But whatever :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:

I love the metal control plate, it’s the best bit of the design! But whatever :).
    Just looks like an add on to me, like they didn't have a big enough sheet to cut the guard from!

I couldn't work out why Mustangs didn't do it for me until I started looking at basses and it's the same with Precision and Jazz bass layout. :)