Fender Swinger reissue

What's Hot
Fender Japan are reissuing the Swinger as a limited edition. Details here https://shop.fender.com/ja-JP/search?q=swinger&lang=ja_JP&fbclid=IwAR3tdD-47pbPfyP66TaY-glIWjuUCDDL7OVfTkkuIihnaRlHE1lLDt5QLak
I fancy the 2 pickup version in burgundy mist. Looks a bit pricey though.
Link to my trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Shame they’ve put the pickup switch on the two-pickup one in the ‘butchered by John Birch’ position, of which I have owned two...

Otherwise, want!!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I want one so bad. Or two.. Maybe three. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    Wasn't this originally made out of leftover parts?

If that's so, are we going to have a re-issue of a what was effectively a partscaster that's made out of custom parts?

• scrumhalf said:

If that's so, are we going to have a re-issue of a what was effectively a partscaster that's made out of custom parts?

Yep. Made from Bass V and Musicmaster parts. Maybe they could do a whole 'spare parts' series including the Maverick. 
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    scrumhalf said:

Yes, they were made from cut-down Bass V bodies and short-scale (22.5") Musicmaster/Duo-Sonic/Mustang necks. These are actually going to be 24"-scale, they have the 22-fret neck not 21-fret.

One of my originals was stripped to the wood, and you could see how the Bass V body was converted and why it ended up that shape - the 'scoop' on the end of the body was done to remove the drilling for the original bass bridge and its through-body string holes, and the hole for the ground wire is then visible on the edge of the body, plugged with filler. The neck pocket was reduced in size also using filler! Presumably by bolting a neck to it, filling the gap, then removing the neck before final sanding and finishing. Very crude.

It would be interesting to see if they've replicated the old Bass V pickup rout on the new ones...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Always loved these - on the want list
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    By Crom, that’s hideous. Headstock alone looks like a school woodwork project that narrowly achieved a C minus.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    I agree. It's super cool and the only reason my credit card is still in my wallet is because I'm 6'4" and these things look tiny on me.

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Thread wasn't the type of swinger I was expecting...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    edited March 2020
    Word of warning: do *not* google these with safe-search disabled if you're expecting to see guitars.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Why is the one pick up version 50% more than the two pickup? What’s special about it? 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    I always thought that the outline of these looked like a billy can opener... 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

impmann said:
    Not as much as the Gibson Corvus does!

These were actually nicknamed the 'Flying Can-Opener'...

boogieman said:
    Why is the one pick up version 50% more than the two pickup? What’s special about it? 
    The single pickup version has a nitro finish and vintage specs on the neck (7.25" radii, pearloid dots etc.). Nothing worth the extra imo!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    ICBM said:
    impmann said:
    Not as much as the Gibson Corvus does!

These were actually nicknamed the 'Flying Can-Opener'...
    True, but they are both fugly IMHO.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    What are you all seeing when you click the link?  I get the Fender site but nothing that says "swinger", even their search bar found nothing?!?

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

@DulcetJones - you have to go through to the japanese link as they're only available there.
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    @DulcetJones - you have to go through to the japanese link as they're only available there.
    OK, thanks.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

edited March 2020
    What are you all seeing when you click the link?  I get the Fender site but nothing that says "swinger", even their search bar found nothing?!?
    It's a right pain - you need to clear your fender.com cookies, then go back to the original link, and select Japan as your location. Then if you ever want to use fender.com again you'll need to clear again, or you're stuck in the Japanese site. Even manually replacing "ja-JP" with "en-GB" in the address doesn't work.

Here's a screenshot, although you'll need to actually access it to get all the colour options and zoom ins.