Source for tort scratchplate blanks?

What's Hot

Can anyone recommend a place to get an acceptably nice four-ply tortoiseshell scratchplate blank?

I was thinking of ordering one but Sims have quoted £100+, Scratch-It looks good but I think a bevelled approach would work better on tort, and Jacks have stopped answering my emails...

This is for an unusual P-bass, needs to be custom as standard won’t fit. I know a neat job isn’t going to be easy but I do have a fine coping saw, a reamer, plenty of good files, drills and countersinks and scrapers and suchlike.

Any ideas much appreciated...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    I would get back on to Jacks tbh. If it’s a custom cut based on a P Bass then it basically doesn’t fall into the straightforward category. That’s where the expense comes into it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack is worth persevering with, he does great work. I found dealing with them via email frustrating though and still haven't had a reply to my last request for a qoute.  All good if you phone them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Earlier this year I sent enquiries to Jacks and Scratch-It for a purpose made pick guard. Tim at Scratch-It replied immediately, sent a quotation which I accepted, produced drawings for my approval and then made it for me. The guard was already fitted to my guitar before Jacks responded to my initial message :D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom