Brand awareness/experience - Proel & ANT (Advanced Native Technologies)

I've stumbled upon these barely heard of (to me) companies during the course of my research into powered speakers and wanted to know whether their offerings were worthy of inclusion or exclusion on my list of potentials. 

Has anyone on tFB any direct experience (good/bad or indifferent) regarding the above two companies ? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Proel is Italian and are solid enough but tend to be lower to mid end MI grade stuff. That said I have some of thier aluminium speaker stands and a pair of 1x15+horn wedge cabinets that have lasted many years and continue to perform when asked. No experience of ANT.
    While price can play a part, you need to hear the stuff to properly make a judgement. Paper specs are to be taken with a pinch of salt (and pepper)!

I've mentioned before on here, but Turbosound are a professional quality outfit and they are selling off thier milan M10, M12 & M15 series of powered speakers to replace them with the new iQ range. they are getting harder to find brand new, but the reduced price means they are  one heck of a bargain for top notch portable sound.

HTH

• ESBlonde said:
    Proel is Italian and are solid enough but tend to be lower to mid end MI grade stuff. That said I have some of thier aluminium speaker stands and a pair of 1x15+horn wedge cabinets that have lasted many years and continue to perform when asked. No experience of ANT.
    While price can play a part, you need to hear the stuff to properly make a judgement. Paper specs are to be taken with a pinch of salt (and pepper)!

I've mentioned before on here, but Turbosound are a professional quality outfit and they are selling off thier milan M10, M12 & M15 series of powered speakers to replace them with the new iQ range. they are getting harder to find brand new, but the reduced price means they are  one heck of a bargain for top notch portable sound.

HTH

I am indeed shopping at the lower end of the market due to budget constraints, wading through offerings from the likes of Behringer, Proel, ANT, Studiomaster etc. trying to find a lightweight yet powerful monitoring and/or backline solution for my HX Stomp, preferably with analogue EQ for added flexibility. 

Thanks for your help and input... the search continues. 

•  Need to correct @ESBlonde Proel do cover all the bases with there gear, I have their tour grade Neos System and amps which sound awesome which I mainly use for monitors as my main FOH is HK Contour, I also have their wm monitors which are built to a price and aren’t going to last as long as Neos but still sound great. Both I would recommend, the Neos has had at least  10 years of heavy use and apart from needing the odd new tweeter and coat of paint are going strong . The WM aren’t used as heavily and pick up scratches quite easily but have been reliable for the last 3 years used for smaller shows.

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  •  Need to correct @ESBlonde Proel do cover all the bases with there gear, I have their tour grade Neos System and amps which sound awesome which I mainly use for monitors as my main FOH is HK Contour, I also have their wm monitors which are built to a price and aren’t going to last as long as Neos but still sound great. Both I would recommend, the Neos has had at least  10 years of heavy use and apart from needing the odd new tweeter and coat of paint are going strong . The WM aren’t used as heavily and pick up scratches quite easily but have been reliable for the last 3 years used for smaller shows.

Great to hear your thoughts on Proel. I will add them to my shortlist based on your experienced opinion. Thank you.