"Signature" gear

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Fretwired said:
    But the EC Strat is pointless. Fixed bridge, no trem vibrato, noiseless pickups and a mid boost circuit which tries to ape the LPs that for some unknown reason he stopped using. I can't really see the point of that.
    Why not just play a Lester?

endorsement deal.........cynical? moi?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JeztoneJeztone Frets: 27
    I bought a Kotzen Telecaster a few years ago because I wanted a Tele with a beefy neck but a modern bridge and pickups. At the time I knew little about Mr Kotzen, but the guitar always fitted my hands and body so comfortably. Recently I saw an interview online where Kotzen says he arrived at those choices because he s a broad burly guy, well Im a broad burly guy so maybe thats part of why I like the guitar. Conversely Im a huge Alex Lifeson fan, he is the reason I play guitar. But the Lifeson Signature Les Paul was about the most underwhelming guitar Ive ever played. To me it felt like Gibsons attempt at a PRS Custom 22. So I went out & bought a Custom 22.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    One signature is fine.
    Gibson Barney Kessel Joe Bonamassa? That doesn't make sense.
    And nor does Gibson Joe Perry Les Paul.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27077
    Pete Townsend had the trem restored on his EC strat and it skewered his hand when doing a windmill. So, they definitely have a trem - ask Pete! :-B
    Speaking of PT, I'm really surprised Fender have never done a Pete Townshend Eric Clapton Strat.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Pete Townsend had the trem restored on his EC strat and it skewered his hand when doing a windmill. So, they definitely have a trem - ask Pete! :-B
    Speaking of PT, I'm really surprised Fender have never done a Pete Townshend Eric Clapton Strat.
    It would have to be a heavy relic though, nobody in their right mind would buy a mint one.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    SNAKEBITE said:
    It would have to be a heavy relic though, nobody in their right mind would buy a mint one.
    complete with blood splatter, obviously. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    SNAKEBITE said:
    Obviously! :)
    SNAKEBITE said:
    Obviously! :)